WWII Dog Tag

Dave Watson

Mar 25, 2012, 2:20:25 AM3/25/12
to California Military History
I recently found a WWII type dog tag buried in the dirt underneath a
former Air Force F-105 fighter plane at the Pacific Coast Air Museum
where I am a docent. I would like to locate existing family members
of the person the dog tag belonged to. Any help in locating files of
personnel that were stationed at the Santa Rosa Army Air Field in the
early 1940's would be much appreciated.

Dave Watson

taxm...@gmail.com

libr...@aol.com

Mar 25, 2012, 12:34:07 PM3/25/12
to california-mi...@googlegroups.com
Dave

Two things.
First, have you checked with the air museum at Charles Schultz Airport?

Second, I am a military historian based in Petaluma.  If you are also an
historian, we should get together.  I work as a docent at the Petaluma library,
1300 - 1600 hrs, on Tuesdays.  My 'department' is located on the
second floor of the Petaluma Branch Library, 100 Fairgrounds Street.

Check with the reference librarian on the first floor for assistance.

Marvin Ross
SSG (Ret)