FW: Educational Opportunities at the California State Military Museum (UNCLASSIFIED)

Dan Sebby

Jul 18, 2012, 4:30:58 PM7/18/12
to California Military History
Dear School Administrator:

In these days of budget cuts it is difficult to provide low cost, quality
off-campus instructional experiences for today's students.

We would like to inform you of a resource that you may not be aware of, the
California State Military Museum located in the Old Sacramento Historic
District. The museum is the state's official military history center and is
part of the museum systems of both the Army and Air Force.

Our time line begins with the establishment of El Real Presidio de San Diego
in 1769 and continues through to California's contribution to today's Global
War on Terrorism.

The museum can offer you and your students:

* Low cost. The group rates for the museum are $2.00 for adults and
$1.00 for students.
* Self guided or guided tours. The staff at the museum are trained to
interact with students studying California History (normally 4th Grade and
above)
* Flexibility. If your students are taking part in a larger trip to
the capital region, the museum can be made available to you before and after
normal hours with a request at least 30 days in advance.
* Classroom. For expanded instruction, we have a ADA compliant
classroom that seats 40, and has a PowerPoint system (you provide the laptop
computer), DVD and VHS player with monitor, overhead projector, white and
chalk boards, and an ADA compliant restroom. This area can also be used for
lunch service. Students can bring sack lunches or we can assist in third
party catering (Round Table Pizza, etc.). There is a flat $50 fee for the
use of this facility by educational groups. For more information on this
facility call (916) 854-1904.
* Library and Research Center. For older students, the museum has a
25,000 volume military history library and an extesive photographic
archives.
* Public Service Programs: The museum provides a location for those
students with a passion for history to complete any public service
requirement for graduation.
* JROTC Programs. For secondary schools with Junior Reserve Officer
Training Corps (JROTC) or California Cadet Corps (CCC) units, our facility
provides a unique location for activities both in and outside of the
traditional school day to include evenings and weekends. If you would like
to book a tour, please contact our Curator at (916) 854-1904 or e-mail
cur...@militarymuseum.org.

Holding a Fundraiser? Let us Help!

The museum can also help with your school's fund raising efforts by
providing your parents' support group (i.e., PTA, PTO, etc.) with up to 20
passes to the museum. These are ideal for your school's fundraising auctions
or as rewards for excellence.

If you have any questions concerning our program, please contact the
museum's curator, Mr. Dan Sebby at cur...@militarymuseum.org
or telephone (916) 854-1904.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message and we hope you will find
our offer to be mutually beneficial. If you have any questions about this
or other educational opportunities, please do not hesitate to contact us at
(916) 854-1904.

Tony L. Palumbo
Lt. Col., US Army (Retired)
Museum Director

Dan Sebby, Sergeant Major (Ret)
Curator, The California State Military Museum Part of the U.S. Army and U.S.
Air Force Museum Systems

1119 Second Street
Sacramento, California 95814-3202

Voice: (916) 854-1904 | DSN: 466-1904 | CAGNET: 626-1904
Museum: (916) 854-1900 | DSN: 466-1900 | CAGNET: 626-1900 Library and
Research Center: (916) 854-1907 | DSN: 466-1907 | CAGNET:
626-1907
Fax: (916) 854-1906 | DSN 466-1906 | CAGNET: 626-1906 Mobile (916) 768-4249

e-mail: daniel...@us.army.mil
mobile e-mail: daniel...@gmail.com
www.militarymuseum.org

Department of Defense policy blocks hyperlinks in the emails from being
active. Please copy and paste URLs in the address browser to access the
day's edition. IMPORTANT: Make sure that you do not copy and paste the word
"blocked" that gets attached as a prefix to the URL.

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: FOUO

Bill Tubbs

Jul 18, 2012, 7:41:54 PM7/18/12
to california-mi...@googlegroups.com
Not particularly relevant for music, but a hidden Ed resource.

Sent from my iPhone