FW: USS IOWA UPDATE

Sebby, Daniel M 1SG RET

Mar 23, 2012, 7:46:38 PM3/23/12
to California Military History

Dear IOWA Supporters,

Wanted to give you an update on the IOWA. Right now the IOWA is going under construction, a lot of activity is happening but very exciting. The painting is to begin today. Even though we had hoped the painting would have already been done, we are working fast and trying to get the IOWA ready for her tow in May and this is definite the IOWA will be leaving in May to her final journey in the Port of Los Angeles . A few things to keep in mind.

1. The self guided tours we have available on Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 4 will end on April 29.

2. The day we leave the Port of Richmond is also when our special promotion we started a few years ago with the plank owner membership will also end.

Please be aware while the IOWA is going under construction we can't say for sure the IOWA will be available to walk the decks, the safety to our visitors is our priority, However our expo will remain open every weekend until April 29.

So please be prepared even though we say the bow is available, that could change at anytime. We will try to post updates on our website and inform you of firm dates of all the activity that is happening on the IOWA.

Trisha Place, Support Team, Membership Coordinator

Pacific Battleship Center

USS IOWA BB-61

PO Box 1739

San Pedro, CA 90733-1739

Sebby, Daniel M 1SG RET

Mar 23, 2012, 7:46:51 PM3/23/12
to California Military History

Ken Friedman

Mar 24, 2012, 10:12:29 AM3/24/12
to california-mi...@googlegroups.com
When she arrives in San Pedro, this will give me another reason to go back where I was raised and see her for myself. What a great piece of our naval history she is!

I look forward to reading of her progress to her final desitnation.

Ken Friedman

<california-mi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
--

Kenneth I. Friedman, Ph.D.