Update

Chad 4nier

Sep 4, 2009, 11:31:08 PM9/4/09
to Calgary UX Book Club
We are nearing the date for out first get together of the Calgary UX
Book Club. On September 23rd at 7:00pm at Shaw's Barlow office (see
map link below) in the main auditorium we will be reviewing Designing
Interactions by Bill Moggridge. At the conclusion of themeeting we can
head over to either Earl's or Joey Tomatoes, where Shaw will pay for
appetizers as we continue to socialize.

Make sure as you are reading the book to jot down and bring along: 2
things in the book that really struck a chord with you; and 1 thing
you either hated, disagreed with; or don't understand.

And don't forget, we'll need a few options for what book to read next,
so please also come prepared with a book in mind.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing as many people out as possible

</C4>

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=&vps=1&jsv=174d&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=29.784056,80.859375&ie=UTF8&geocode=FVBxCwMdzXA0-Q&split=0

uxzoo

Sep 10, 2009, 5:32:28 PM9/10/09
to Calgary UX Book Club
Hi all, just joined the group and not sure where to pick up the book
in town, vs ordering on amazon, does chapters actually carry it in
store?
Is it ok to come to the meet if i am a just graduated designer who
doesn't hold a ux position as of yet?
Bonnie

Jerome

Sep 5, 2009, 11:58:42 AM9/5/09
to Calgary UX Book Club
From organisers of other book clubs I've heard that's it is OK to
attend if you have not yet read the book. Comments?
> http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=&vps=1&jsv=174d&sll...

Chad 4nier

Sep 11, 2009, 12:37:06 AM9/11/09
to Calgary UX Book Club
Any one is welcome to come out.

I haven't seen any copies in the local book stores, but I haven't
looked for it either. It is a pretty popular book so you should be
able to find it. If you can't find it at Chapters you may be able to
find it at the ACAD or U of C bookstore. If not, Amazon is pretty
quick with delivery and I know they have it in stock as a few of the
others have ordered it.

</C4>

Jerome

Sep 11, 2009, 12:06:30 PM9/11/09
to Calgary UX Book Club
I bought mine online, Bonnie. FYI: I used the "free shipping" (slower)
option, and it did take a full week to arrive.

If you're not sure whether to spend the money, I can say this:
Designing Interactions is a substantial work; you get a lot of content
for your money.

-=- Jerome

benry

Sep 11, 2009, 4:53:07 PM9/11/09
to Calgary UX Book Club

I haven't found any copies in Calgary. Amazon does have copies, Indigo
has to order, Powells had a couple in stock. I ordered mine directly
from the publisher (MIT Press) and got it in 4 days via Fedex. Likely
your best bet.

Scott

Bonnie P

Sep 19, 2009, 2:03:03 PM9/19/09
to Calgary UX Book Club
Thank you to all who replied
I wound up ordering it from chapters online and for once paid a bit
extra to have it here in about 3 days flat.
Wow, what a trove of information, I am starting to work my way through
the sections and am thrilled to find that a lot of interaction and
user experience design for what we have now has its origins in
industrial design, as that is my first discipline.

Great book suggestion.
Bonnie