Suggestions for Next Book

horse1asia

Oct 1, 2010, 2:03:13 PM10/1/10
to Calgary UX Book Club
Any suggestions for the next book?

How about Don Norman's, Emotional Design: Why We Love (or Hate)
Everyday Things

http://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Design-Everyday-Things-ebook/dp/B0010NXJG8/ref=pd_sim_kinc_1?ie=UTF8&m=AZC9TZ4UC9CFC

Oh, and suggestions for next book club meeting... how about Japanese
improv? (joke).

Ross Andersen

Oct 1, 2010, 8:14:25 PM10/1/10
to calgary-ux...@googlegroups.com, Calgary UX Book Club
Sounds good to me, I second that motion!
Ross

Sent from my iPhone

Chad4nier

Oct 1, 2010, 10:47:37 PM10/1/10
to Calgary UX Book Club
That would be a good book to read. Perhaps we could select it at the
next get-together. The attendees of the last discussion on Wednesday
have picked an excellent book, Drive: The Surprising Truth About What
Motivates Us (http://www.danpink.com/drive). Luckily I've already read
it and will have an opportunity to catch up on some of my other
reading. I highly recommend it, as it is an extremely good book.

There is also a great talk by the author, Dan Pink, on the TED website
(http://bit.ly/tedpink). And there is a wicked illustrated whiteboard
animation on You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc),
created by RSA, that summarizes the book the book nicely too.

Happy Reading! We'll see you at the end of November.

</C4>