Jun22: National Day of Mask Action - Calgary

Grant Neufeld

Jun 20, 2013, 2:31:22 AM6/20/13
to calgary-...@googlegroups.com, revolution...@yahoogroups.com
National Day of Mask Action - Calgary

Saturday, June 22, 2013, Noon-12:45pm
River Pathway, by Prince's Island and Eau Claire, Calgary.

In protest of Canada's new anti-mask law.

Wear masks for the day! Wear them to groceries. Wear them in the playground. Wear them to protest!

In Calgary, inspired by the Gezi Park protests in Turkey, we will be doing a "still" action along the river pathway.

Starting at noon, we will gather on the Eau Claire side of the bridge into Prince's Island (the river pathway at roughly 3 Street). From there, we will distribute ourselves along the river side of the pathway.

At precisely 12:15pm a whistle will sound signalling us to face the pathway, put on our masks (if not already on), and stand (or sit) still and silent for the next 15 minutes.

Then at 12:30pm, another whistle will blow and we will all slowly walk back to the area by the Prince's Island bridge where people are invited to dance and sing in an improvised Masquerade Ball. (Musicians welcome!) If space proves tight, we'll move onto Prince's Island itself.

Feel free to bring a sign, or banner. Or to wear a shirt with a message, etc.

Mask ideas:
• Fancy costume-ball masques,
• Theatrical masks.
• Animal faces, animal tails, whatever!
• Cultural masks from around the world.
• Cut-out pictures of politicians faces.
• Cut-out pictures of the faces of yourselves, your family, your friends.
• Super-heroes, luchadoras e luchadores, super-villains.
• Sports face-masks (hockey goalies, football helmets, etc.).
• Bandanas.
• Surgical masks, construction and trades face covers, respirators, gas-masks.
• Home-made, paper-bags, papier-mache, fabric, crochet, beads,....
• Etc.!!!

Twitter hashtag: #MasksOnCanada

Facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/283080375171733/