June 14th - Alberta People's Social Forum Invite

Calgary Activist Announce

Jun 4, 2014, 3:20:29 PM6/4/14
to calgary-...@googlegroups.com
Note:
An invite to an Alberta "expansion" to the People's Social Forum is below.  This is a quick addendum to let you know that transportation will be provided via a convoy of minivans.  There are 20 spaces available, some already filled and we will add more vans as necessary.  Please contact donnaeclarke [AT] hotmail.com if you would like to share the ride with like-minded folks.  We are offering door-to-door service, leaving early Saturday to arrive in Edmonton by 0930 and returning Saturday evening.  For those who want to stay a bit later for an early dinner with the Edmonton folks, we can arrange transportation to leave at different times as desired.
______

WHEN: June 14th, 2014 10am – 4pm
WHERE: Room 129, Education South (11210 - 87th Avenue), University of Alberta, Edmonton
REGISTER for the Alberta Regional Convergence: (http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/peoples-social-forum-alberta-regional-convergence-tickets-11637426857?aff=eorg)

MORE INFO: https://www.facebook.com/PSFAlberta

Hello,

This is an invitation for organizations and individuals to consider attending and participating in the Alberta People's Social Forum on June 14th in Edmonton.

We have been working to expand the national People's Social Forum, and to garner interest in Alberta to attend the convergence in August. However, we also felt that we wanted to have a provincial Social Forum in order to have regional conversations about the issues communities are facing in our home province.

Please see attached documents for more information.

Also, if you are able to help circulate this invite, that would be great! We are keeping track of which groups and orgs are invited and confirmed in this document here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj41xCmc51OYdHBpUHFha1dlak54dHBnTjROcC1RYUE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Many thanks,
Chelsea Taylor Flook
on behalf of the ABPSF steering committee

PCFAB_Call to Participate.pdf
PSFAB_Invitation_CommunityOrganization.docx