Friday: Rally in solidarity with Mi'kmaq Warriors

Grant Neufeld

Oct 18, 2013, 1:29:41 AM10/18/13
to calgary-...@googlegroups.com, revolution...@yahoogroups.com
Treaty 7 INM in UNITY & SOLIDARITY with MI'KMAQ WARRIORS

Friday, October 18, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Olympic Plaza (228 - 8 Avenue SE)
Calgary, Alberta, CA

Presented by Idle No More Treaty 7.

The Mi'kmaq people need our support. Members of the Elsipogtog First Nation and supporters of the Anti-Shale, Anti-Fracking Nonviolent Action in New Brunswick (Canada) were under attack today because of state-initiated violence by the RCMP. Idle No More denounces this state violence and calls out to all of our supporters GLOBALLY to light your sacred fires or other peaceful actions to show support and alliance with the people of New Brunswick.

On Thursday, allies and Indigenous protestors and Warriors were subjected to violent action from the RCMP for their participation in a legitimate peaceful nonviolent action defending their lands and asserting their sovereign duty to protect the land and the people.

Stand in solidarity with those defending their territory from destruction. Join the people of Treaty 7 to show peaceful solidarity for the Mi'kmaq in the face of RCMP violence.

http://www.activist.ca/events/1130

Facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/377221289078062/