Powerful Features of CalenGoo

Galen Ash

Apr 2, 2024, 11:32:42 AMApr 2
to CalenGoo-iOS-Support
Hello CalenGoo Community

  After seeing so many people engage with Dominique and each other last week (during and after our global CalenGoo *Power Failure*), I felt I wanted to share my experience as a 5 year User of CalenGoo and why I feel that is the absolutely best personal events & tasks planner on the market to present day. Of course, this is only my opinion because we all have different wants, needs and requirements. We all have our own style of what works best for us. I'm just going to share what works best for me and why:
  I've been an airline pilot in Canada for about 25 years now. Until about 6 years ago, I was using an Android app called Pocket Informant. I needed to keep track of my flying schedule, personal tasks, appointments, chores and everything else. My life has revolved around Lists, Tasks and Due Dates on a daily , weekly, monthly, yearly basis.
Pocket Informant at the time was in my opinion the best personal planner app for Android and iOS that I knew of, UNTIL I found CalenGoo.
 Fast forward to the last 5 years, CalenGoo is probably the *most important* Application I have on my Android Mobile phone. 2nd most important app is probably Starbucks (lol).
  Here is how I use CalenGoo and what features are the most powerful ones above any other features. I do not believe any other applications have these features except CalenGoo (I may be wrong but I do not think so):
*Side note: I am a list maker just like the pen & paper method.
Monday to Sunday, and I write down my list from morning to evening 5:00 to 7:00. #1, 2, 3, 4 ,5 ,6 ,7 ,8 ,9 tasks

1) In CalenGoo, I use the AGENDA View everyday. As a matter of fact, that I about the only view I use and have used for 25 years. I do open up the Monthly or Yearly View for planning purposes only, but I only use AGENDA View. I do not have any calendars linked up to CalenGoo. I only have set up CalenGoo as a LOCAL Account, and make sure it automatically backs up to my Android device *and* creates a copy to my Google Drive so I have a couple of different locations to retrieve the latest and most current Settings & Data file.

 2) The Most Powerful Features I have used in CalenGoo are the *Copy to Date(s)* and *Move to Date(s)* menus for both Events and Tasks.
Side Note: I believe that one of the most requested features of thousands of personal planner applications is the "Recurring or Repeating" feature.
Luckily, Dominique has given us the ability to customize the Recurring feature alot, and has also given us the choice if we want to see the future recurring events or tasks in all instances in whichever we prefer.

3) Please note, that in this case, what I am sharing is Not about the recurring feature.
It is about the *Copy to Date(s)* and *Move to Date(s)* features for Events and Tasks.

3a) There are many Events and Tasks that I need to plan over and over again either on a weekly, biweekly, monthly, semi monthly or yearly basis.
With *Copy to Date(s)* or *Move to Date(s)* features, I can simply click on any Event or Task and either Copy them to another Single Date or to Multiple Dates with a pop-up Date Picker, and click Save, and I'm done. Those Events or Tasks are now copied over to the other dates as I selected.
  So again, these are Not recurring tasks that are linked together. They are all individual Events or Tasks that have simply been copied over to other dates as I've selected.
The same goes for the *Move to Date(s)* feature. However, instead of having a Copy of the event or task remaining in the original date, it is moved to the selected date of dates I have chosen.

3b) To be honest, I don't use the Recurring feature much at all, unless I have a very simple, relative task that gets done on a regular basis, such as:
 *Put The Garbage Out* every Wednesday at 4:00 pm

3c) I use *Copy to Date(s) and *Move to Date(s)* everyday and saves me a huge amount of time. I can choose any dates I like, without worrying about a specific recurring pattern, and I can also go to any of the specific dates I've copied the event or task to and either edit it, delete it or change anything in it without disturbing any other event or task.

Any questions, feel free to ask me if I can add any value at all.

Thanks
Galen
Canada