Sync calendars between iphone and android on Calengoo

Jason Caudill

Jul 1, 2024, 4:46:04 AMJul 1
to CalenGoo-iOS-Support
HI, Loooonngggtime user of Calengoo and love it! Recently my girlfriend switched to an android and I am having an issue syncing up calendars between us. I have only shared calendars from iphone to iphone. I have shared it from my side on my iphone as normal but I am not receiving anything on her Android calengoo. Am I missing something?

Any help or point to a previous post would be great!

Thanks!

CalenGoo Support

Jul 1, 2024, 5:20:17 AMJul 1
to CalenGoo-iOS-Support
Hi,

thank you very much! I am glad that you love it!!! 😊

Are you trying to share a Google calendar or an iCloud calendar?

Sharing Google calendars should work fine. Android phones are usually used with a Google account and thus have a Google Calendar account you can share your calendars with.

However, if your calendar is an iCloud calendar, then it won't work. But if you just want to share your calendar read-only, you can try to share it as a link as described here by ChatGPT:

To share an iCloud calendar with a Google Calendar user, follow these steps:

From iCloud:

1. Open iCloud Calendar:
Go to iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID.
Open the Calendar app.
2. Share the Calendar:
Click on the calendar you want to share (located on the left sidebar).
Click on the share icon (it looks like a wireless signal) next to the calendar name.
In the “Public Calendar” section, check the “Public Calendar” box. This will generate a public URL for the calendar.
3. Copy the Calendar URL:
Click on the “Copy Link” button to copy the public calendar URL to your clipboard.

From Google Calendar:

1. Open Google Calendar:
Go to Google Calendar and log in with your Google account.
2. Add the iCloud Calendar:
On the left sidebar, find the section labeled “Other calendars” and click the “+” button next to it.
Select “From URL” from the dropdown menu.
Paste the iCloud calendar URL you copied earlier into the URL field.
Click “Add Calendar”.

The iCloud calendar will now appear in the Google Calendar interface. Note that this is a one-way sync; changes made on Google Calendar will not be reflected back to the iCloud calendar.

I.e. you create a public URL for your calendar (but you should not give it to anyone else aside from your girlfriend) and then she subscribes that URL with her Google Calendar account.

Another option would be that she creates an own iCloud account on https://www.icloud.com . Then you can share your iCloud calendars with her iCloud account and she can sync these calendars (i.e. the new iCloud account) e.g. using the app DAVx5 with her phone ( for purchase on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.bitfire.davdroid or for free on https://f-droid.org/en/packages/at.bitfire.davdroid/ ).

Please don't hesitate to contact me again if you have further questions!

Kind regards

Dominique