Copy contact to title doesn't work

Alexander

Oct 29, 2022, 12:32:57 PM10/29/22
to CalenGoo-iOS-Support
In iOS version of the app despite Edit View ->  "Copy contact to title" is being switched the contacts do not appear in the Title. I chose Contact name format Lastname Firstname. The following options are ON: Auto search contacts in title editor, Detect calendar names.

The permission is given. For example in Edit view in the "Contacts (without invitation)"  "Link contacts to event..." allows choosing contacts from the list.

CalenGoo Support

Oct 31, 2022, 4:28:53 AM10/31/22
to CalenGoo-iOS-Support
I already responded to this question when you posted it in the "desktop" Google Group. Why did you ask it again? Here is my response again:

Hi!

It seems to work fine for me: When I edit a part of the name in the title editor, a list of matching contacts appears. Then I select a contact. Its name is copied into the title of the event and the screen returns to the edit view where I can see the title, date, location and other parts of the event.

What did you try and what happened?

Kind regards

Dominique Gunia

Alexander

Oct 31, 2022, 8:58:27 AM10/31/22
to CalenGoo-iOS-Support
Sorry for asking again. I thought you answered regarding the Android or Desktop version of your app.

Just now I noticed that the names of the contacts appear in the small box below in the full-screen editor. Before they didn't. I don't know the reason. Anyway, I could use a fullscreen editor for only one day. I happily found the option to get rid of it and switched to Edit View -> Edit title fullscreen -> OFF with joy and the contacts don't drop down when I enter letters from my contacts. Using the fullscreen editor was a challenge for me. I needed constantly go back to fill other fields for new events and it was counterproductive. I couldn't see other fields and feel that I fill the event at least on the correct date.

If you are able to implement the drop-down list of the contacts after typing first 3 letters in the title of the event without using a full-screen editor - it would be very convenient.

P.S. Sorry, dear Dominique for mentioning the same question again. I didn't want to disturb you. You have developed the best organizer for Android and doing the same for iOS. I am sure every user appreciates the flexibility, customization of your app. and also your great support, and your responsiveness to the needs of users.

When I found your app in App Store I immediately paid full price without any doubts. Because I was a long-time user of the Android version of your app and recommended your app to everyone. I did not know that you make the organizer for iOS. That's why I downloaded many applications, many organizers, in trying to find an alternative for your CalenGoo for Android. The first thing I did when I received my iPhone and started to look for and install the Calendar app. I went to App Store and typed CalenGoo, but App Store didn't show me your app. Only when I went to your site and notice that it mentions the iOS version. It was strange for me. I concluded that it is not available in the App Store because you stopped developing it long ago. And after some time I realized that there is "CalenGoo Calendar" in the App Store and I immediately bought it despite any price and despite on the market were other apps I liked like MyCal . It also has WeekView which is very important and also allows me see End Time for events and a convenient way (namely below the Start time) and also doesn't have a subscription model. But remembering my experience with you (long ago you responded to my email and implemented for your app for Android feature that was important to me) I decided to support you as a developer, professional, good, and responsive person.

CalenGoo Support

Oct 31, 2022, 10:59:00 AM10/31/22
to CalenGoo-iOS-Support
Hi,

thank you very much, I am glad that you like my app so much! 😊 And I am sorry! It is sometimes difficult for me to work on all these feature suggestions, bug reports, google groups posts and emails at once. Additionally I am developing CalenGoo now for iOS, Android and Windows/macOS/Linux. I really like to help everyone to have all the features they want or need but there is just not enough time to implement everything. 😕

So how about just using a different way to select the contact? Instead of typing the contact into the title field you can tap the action button in the lower left corner of the edit view and select "Insert contact". And if you use that often I could probably add another button for it to the toolbar.

Is the "Insert contact" function sufficient? 🤔

Kind regards

Dominique

Alexander

Oct 31, 2022, 2:14:46 PM10/31/22
to CalenGoo-iOS-Support
Thank you very much for taking the feature requests into consideration! True, you have a lot to do

> So how about just using a different way to select the contact? Instead of typing the contact into the title field you can tap the action button in the lower left corner of the edit view and select "Insert contact". And if you use that often I could probably add another button for it to the toolbar.

Sure, the most convenient way is to just type the names of the contacts and select the right from the drop-down menu. If it is difficult to implement, any other solution is good too, like what you suggested. Thank you very, very much for listening to us, ordinary users of your outstanding app!