Sudden failure of Calengoo to open

Monty

Mar 26, 2024, 4:40:06 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,

Suddenly this morning, after over 10 years of happy Calengoo usage, mine and my wife's Calengoo stopped opening. It briefly displays the following message at the bottom of the Calengoo window in a red box, and then flicks to an Android window stating "Item not found".

"The license could not be found. Please buy the app in the Google Play Store. Tap here to open it. Please write to and...@calengoo.com if you have any problems. If you have already bought CalenGoo from Google Play then use https://payments.google.com/manage to check which Google account you used for the purchase and add that Google account in the "Settings" app."

When I search the Play Store, Calengoo cannot be found.

Calengoo is amazing and I really don't want to have to go back to using Google's calendar app! What's happened?

Kind regards
Keith

CalenGoo Support

Mar 26, 2024, 4:42:18 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,

unfortunately, the problem is that Google has removed CalenGoo from the Play Store due to a misunderstanding. Since CalenGoo is also available via Google Play Pass, i.e. subscription, it has to check whether a valid license is available at the start (this is specified by Google so that you can no longer use the apps installed after the subscription expires). And apparently this license check now fails because Google has removed CalenGoo from the Play Store.

I received a message from Google late yesterday afternoon (about 16 hours ago) saying that my privacy policy was not complete and that I needed to amend it to explain what CalenGoo does with users' contact lists. It only uses the contact lists to display birthdays and you can insert contacts into appointments. Unfortunately, 10 hours later (about 6 hours ago), i.e. around 3 a.m. tonight, Google sent another email saying that CalenGoo had been removed from the Play Store for the same reason. So because of the privacy policy. I was told to expand the privacy policy and then upload an update to my app. I have now done this and I hope that Google will quickly allow CalenGoo back into the Play Store.

I'm really very sorry and will do everything I can to fix the problem as quickly as possible! 😢

Kind regards

Dominique

Fotis Vassis

Mar 26, 2024, 5:05:18 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Dear Dominique
Thank you for trying to fix with an update, we are all waiting for your wonderful app to re-appear in Play Store

Rogier Levy

Mar 26, 2024, 5:05:18 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hello,

Great! I will wait. Thnx for all your effort.

Rogier

luca...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2024, 5:05:18 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo Support, CalenGoo-Android-Support

Thanks waiting for solving the issue.

luca

Mar 26, 2024, 5:55:07 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thank you. I hope you can solve the problem quickly. Please keep me informed if there is a solution. This agenda is much better than that of Google.

Monty

Mar 26, 2024, 5:55:07 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi Dominique,

Thank you for the quick reply and I wish you a speedy resolution.

I can imagine it is quite involved dealing with Google, what with them throwing changes at you out of the blue.

Thank you for all that you do keeping Calengoo amazing.

Kind regards
Keith

David Wilson

Mar 26, 2024, 5:55:07 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thank you for your efforts to get the returned to service. One of my favourite apps

CalenGoo Support

Mar 26, 2024, 6:01:55 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
The user "DeLorean" reported here that turning off data before starting CalenGoo might help to get into CalenGoo at least temporarily until this problem is fixed:

As I said earlier, I have made all requested changes and uploaded a new version to Google Play and I hope Google will put it back into the Play Store as soon as possible. I have also tried to call them but it seems that one can call them only during business hours (pacific time).

😢

Kind regards

Dominique

Oscar

Mar 26, 2024, 8:38:40 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Same problem here.

Stefano Starita

Mar 26, 2024, 8:38:40 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hello,
just to notify you that events and tasks created on CalenGoo Android (i.e. by keeping pressed the app icon or by the vocal task creation widget) are correctly synced with Google Calendar.
Thus, the known problem should not affect the normal working of the app but only the opening due to the missing license.
Cheers,
Stefano

Galen Ash

Mar 26, 2024, 8:40:18 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hello Everyone
I am using my Samsung S22 Ultra phone.
In order to open and access CalenGoo, I had to click on Flight Mode.
While using CalenGoo, I cannot use Wi-Fi or Cell Data.
I thank the previous User *DeLorean*
Galen

Łukasz Wróblewski

Mar 26, 2024, 9:06:25 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,
Same problem
Hope it will run back soon.
Meantime I downloaded free 5-days version and it is running and sync data.

Calengoo-addicted
Lucas

Josef Gudenus

Mar 26, 2024, 10:04:48 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thank you Dominique,
all your followers are desperate to get CalenGoo up and running again and it is clear that Google is screwing things up. Looking forward to an early reappearance.
Thank you,
Josef

Kimberly Carlson, CMT

Mar 26, 2024, 10:04:49 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Maybe we need to all contact GOOGLE to get it back online.

This happened with my merchant payment app/business.  Google insisted the software wasn't compliant.
It took that company over 2 MONTHS to get back up and running.

CalenGoo Support

Mar 26, 2024, 11:00:50 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
It seems to be possible to turn the airplane mode on, start Calengoo and then turn the airplane mode off again and still be able to use Calengoo:

Kind regards

Dominique

Kimberly Carlson, CMT

Mar 26, 2024, 11:18:18 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Everyone should go to Google Play let them know we are needing this back up and running.

I contacted them via the "contact us" link, under the question mark( in Google Play on my PC).
The first comment box allows 100 characters...
(this phrase has 99 characters)-- "CALENGOO app has been removed.  We (all of the subscribers) are VERY upset! Get it back up/working!"

When you choose "send email" you can add more information.

After that I ALSO SUBMITTED FEEDBACK.

If enough people contact them, they should look into it sooner, than later.

AC

Mar 26, 2024, 11:18:18 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hello, everybody, I have noticed that Calengoo is available on Google Play, but when I try to open the link in my smartphone, it says that it is not available in my country, which is United Kingdom: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.calengoo.androidtrial&hl=en&gl=US.

Mike Hall

Mar 26, 2024, 11:18:18 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thanks for keeping us updated Dominique - Great support. Good luck with a speedy resolution.
 I confirm that temporarily switching to airplane mode works as an interim work -around for me.

Message has been deleted

Michel Dessaintes

Mar 26, 2024, 11:51:45 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Same here: the red message is still displayed, but everything seem to work, sync included.

Le mardi 26 mars 2024 à 16:18:18 UTC+1, Joanne Scollard a écrit :
I have sent an email to suppo...@google.com, asking that the app be reinstated.
Maybe if many people send similar emails, they'll act more quickly.

Mike Dewul

Mar 26, 2024, 11:51:45 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Done!

On Tuesday 26 March 2024 at 16:18:18 UTC+1 Joanne Scollard wrote:
I have sent an email to suppo...@google.com, asking that the app be reinstated.
Maybe if many people send similar emails, they'll act more quickly.

Jan Lustig

Mar 26, 2024, 11:51:45 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thank you, I love and rely on your app like no othe!

Joanne Scollard

Mar 26, 2024, 11:51:45 AMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
  I have sent an email to sup...@google.com, asking that the app be reinstated.
Maybe if many people send similar emails, they'll act more quickly.

CalenGoo Support

Mar 26, 2024, 1:01:18 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I didn't hear anything from Google yet and their phone number seems to be busy.

As a temporary solution I have created an update that is valid until May 26th. It should work to just install it over your existing version to use CalenGoo normally again:

Additionally you should receive updates from Google Play as usual after they have put CalenGoo back into the Play Store.

I will post here when I have any news.

Kind regards

Dominique

Ed Cristina

Mar 26, 2024, 1:09:03 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Yes, please let us know as soon as you can. We love the app

Dawn Kilbourn

Mar 26, 2024, 1:09:03 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I've also sent an email to their support.

Michel Dessaintes

Mar 26, 2024, 1:09:03 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Done!

Rena Lyon

Mar 26, 2024, 1:09:03 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Not sure if anyone already said, but if you make changes in Google calendar, it will still sync and update the agenda widget.

Peter Pherfinion

Mar 26, 2024, 1:30:25 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I am certain Calengoo will resolve this issue as quickly as they are able and look forward to its resolution.

Best regards from the USA,

Pete

P Shannon Mullen

Mar 26, 2024, 2:32:58 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thanks Dominique. I have been using your app for YEARS and I'm glad this is a temporary problem!

Frédéric Da Vitoria

Mar 26, 2024, 2:32:58 PMMar 26
to calengoo-and...@googlegroups.com
Done. In French, but who knows, it may work too.

CJ Check

Mar 26, 2024, 3:54:10 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Please help

Roy Marriott

Mar 26, 2024, 3:54:10 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I've contacted Google too.
Mrny thanks for all you do Dominique, Calengoo is awesome!

D B

Mar 26, 2024, 3:54:10 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thanks for the temporary fix, Dominique!

I just installed the APK and everything is back to normal. I use this app all of the time so much appreciated!

DB

Bertrand Thonet

Mar 26, 2024, 3:54:10 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Great it's working with this temporary update

Many thanks Dominique 💪🏻

Frederic Da Vitoria

Mar 26, 2024, 3:54:11 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo Support, CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thank you, Dominique.

Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

melani fragge

Angela Chang

Mar 26, 2024, 3:54:17 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thank you for the work this amazing app. This is so important for me and I really hope the problem can be fixed soon!

davi...@gmail.com 在 2024年3月27日 星期三凌晨2:32:58 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

Giamma Theo

Mar 26, 2024, 3:54:18 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Great idea the time limited apk
Works like a charm.

Greetings from Italy
Gian

Gerrit Tabak

Mar 26, 2024, 4:09:39 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Good (temporarily) solution. Thanks from the Netherlands!

Emmanuel Presse Sport

Mar 26, 2024, 4:09:39 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I can't wait for this solution to happen. Is there anything that we can do to expedite the process with google.
Message has been deleted

jgudenus

Mar 26, 2024, 4:52:59 PMMar 26
to Emmanuel Presse Sport, CalenGoo-Android-Support
The interim workaround is switching to airplane mode and disconnecting WiFi, then open CalenGoo and then reconnect WiFi and switch airplane mode off.

Works fine,
Best
Josef

Von: Emmanuel Presse Sport <vizi...@gmail.com>
Datum: 26.03.24 21:09 (GMT+01:00)
An: CalenGoo-Android-Support <calengoo-and...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: Re: Sudden failure of Calengoo to open

Rogier Levy

Mar 26, 2024, 4:52:59 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thnx! Works great.

lizswarren

Mar 26, 2024, 4:52:59 PMMar 26
to Frederic Da Vitoria, CalenGoo Support, CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thank you Dominique

Before I saw this thread I had uninstalled the app but then couldn't reinstall. Your fix is fantastic!

Liz

Sergio Díez

Mar 26, 2024, 4:53:05 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Another one that I have written to Google support. Same problem. Using the temporary app patch.
Best regards!

Roger Valmadre

Mar 26, 2024, 4:53:05 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi Dominique, many thanks for the time limited apk, my trusty favourite calendar is back in action. 😁

Paul Camp

Mar 26, 2024, 5:04:27 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
So THAT'S what happened. That error message goes by so fast I couldn't even read it.
Message has been deleted

Jason Knight

Mar 26, 2024, 5:42:35 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I had a massive anxious flap and felt a huge sense of doom earlier today when this problem showed up. CalenGoo is my most important phone app and I'm panicking at the thought of it not being available. So: thank you very much Dominique for your responsiveness and working patch, and good luck with getting things straightened back out with Google.

Andras Bekes

Mar 26, 2024, 6:09:43 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I can only echo the feelings of Jason Knight, particularly  the massive anxious flap and felt a huge sense of doom. I am glad that at least the problem and the solution is clear and hope that this mess will be resolved fast. Thank you very much Dominique for your responsiveness.
Message has been deleted

kathy Roth

Toni Shaw

Mar 26, 2024, 7:05:54 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Please keep us posted. I have been using the app for several years and love it.

Anthony Della Croce

Mar 26, 2024, 7:42:44 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Dear Dominique,

We all appreciate your hard work over the years with Calengoo.
The features and options are beyond plentiful and I love the fact that you listen closely to your users when issues arise or suggestions for improvements are made.

TY VERY MUCH for the link to the APK that temporarily will work while you sort things out with Google etc.
It installed perfectly and I'm back up and running. CHEERS

Of course, starting the app in Airplane mode is a great short term workaround.
(Works as long as the app stays in RAM)

As far as Google's reasons for taking Calengoo off of Play Store... it feels very irresponsible to me.
Imaging how many thousands of users are left in the dark. Many of which are not technically inclined.
Many perhaps will not see this GROUP discussion.
And unfortunately, many may abandon the app due to urgency of needing a functional calendar.

I really feel bad for you Dominique and the users that are affected.
Sorry Google...not a cool move. Unethical. A snap judgment without much consideration. Cold corporate automation.

I know you will sort this out Dominique and I would have no problem contributing a small donation to your cause.
You deserve better!

Good Luck
Anthony

Dean Gough

Mar 26, 2024, 7:48:13 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi Dominique,
Thanks so much for your quick work around!  I've been using calengoo I reckon for at least a decade, probably more!  You have always been quick and responsive to feedback and queries and again have proven one of the reasons your app is so great - your support is fantastic!

Message has been deleted

Robin Walden-Semmens

Mar 26, 2024, 7:57:01 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi Dominique. Thank you for pushing through to fix this issue.  CalenGoo can still be accessed via Web browser just so you know.  Also, when I try to use the temporary fix link it keeps saying if I open it and permit Chrome to download apps then my system is vulnerable to hacking.  Is this correct or is there a secondary issue happening?

Hannah Sheldon

Mar 26, 2024, 8:46:47 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thanks for this fix. I was very upset when my CalenGoo stopped working today... I really depends on our. So much better than the Google official calendar! Hopefully they fix it soon. Really appreciate your help!

Sean Massie

Rob Sterling

Mar 26, 2024, 9:32:50 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi Dominique - thank you for all your hard work and everything you do for CalenGoo. Love the app, it's the best!

Michael Armer

Mar 26, 2024, 10:17:28 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hello Dominique - the wait for Google to get its act together will be worth it because Calengoo is such a brilliant app!

Erb Cooper

Mar 26, 2024, 10:54:10 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I just re-bought from the calengoo website. No more google. After years of using it, only fair to give the author some more money!

Fred Boykin

Mar 26, 2024, 11:08:42 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
You can install the temporary fix - system doesn't recognizethe temp fix & is alerting you it might be a hack.

Andree Coleman

Mar 26, 2024, 11:36:24 PMMar 26
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hopefully, this gets rectified. I have used your calendar forever.  I wouldn't want to go backwards.  Tks.
Andree

まんさん2号

Mar 27, 2024, 12:06:16 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support

早く治ることを祈っています。
2024年3月27日水曜日 12:36:24 UTC+9 Andree Coleman:

Astrid Kranzbuhler

Mar 27, 2024, 1:32:57 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I, too, have been using Calengoo for many years and have yet to find an app that comes even close!
and I panicked when it stopped working as I heavily rely on it for health reasons.
Thank you so much for your excellent support, Dominique, and posting the temporary apk fix so quickly so we're up and running again for now.
I hope Google will get their act together very soon and restore it!

Marianne Djudic

Mar 27, 2024, 2:20:33 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thank you for swift support! I downloaded the apk.

Pavlos Yenagritis

Mar 27, 2024, 2:26:06 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Great app, Great support. I am sure all will go back to normal very soon.

Mandy Williams

Mar 27, 2024, 3:02:59 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Oh my goodness--words CANNOT express what this app has done for me over the years!! As the saying goes, You never truly appreciate what you have until it's gone!  And this is definitely the case where this app not opening is concerned!  I have ALWAYS raved about Calengoo to all my family, friends & acquaintances but the moment I literally couldn't use it, my life stopped in it's tracks and almost felt paralyzed.  I didn't want to use any other options out there because nothing else compares to the brilliancy of Calengoo!!!  Dominique has always been SO fabulous whenever I have emailed him with questions, trouble shooting or any other issues I have sent his way.  I certainly hope this app continues for all time!  Like I said, there's just nothing that compares to it!  Thank you for the workaround Dominique!  I'm not sure how you managed it but it was genius!!

You're a rock star Dominique!  Let us know how we can help YOU!

-Your Biggest Fan! :) Mandy Williams

Ilan Dvash

Mar 27, 2024, 4:29:37 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I didn't know about this option.
I respect Dominique's work so much that I decided to buy it again as you did.

I think that it's fair to pay some Euros once in 10 years...
Hope more people will join us to help and appreciate Dominique's dedication and help.

It also seems to solve my issue.

Thank you for the idea.

Ilan.

Frédéric Da Vitoria

Mar 27, 2024, 4:31:07 AMMar 27
to calengoo-and...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the tip. I just did it too. For those interested, here is the address: https://android.calengoo.com/pagestore/styled/pagebuy.html

@Dominique:
- 1: if I install this on my Android device, will it take the Google Play's version place seamlessly?
- 2: if someone decided to buy from Amazon, would it take over too or would it create second CalenGoo app?
- 3: given the number of Samsung devices, did you ever think about selling it on the Galaxy Store too?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jan Egeriis

Mar 27, 2024, 5:25:43 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi all,

I also re-bought from the CalenGoo website.
My license was 7 years old, so definitely worth the extra money.

I downloaded the apk and installed it.
The download link contains the license key, which you will have to insert in the CalenGoo settings.
Now all is good.  :)

For those interested, here is the address: https://android.calengoo.com/pagestore/styled/pagebuy.html

Kind regards
  Jan

David Goodier

Mar 27, 2024, 5:53:49 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
OK, 10:50 French time. I closed the app, turned to aeroplane mode and relaunched it, and it worked. Turned off and managed to sync it.
Tested by making an entry in the app, would sync but doesn't seem to upload to google, If however I make an entry in google calendar it will sync to calengoo.
If I buy the app again (happy to do so) will it sync in both directions?

brian williams

Mar 27, 2024, 5:59:24 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I have had this app for many years too (the closest equivalent to pimlical I used to have on palm). I also think the idea of "re-buying" it after this length of time is a great idea. The only thing is that since I still have a license that will work when the application is back in the store, I would rather make a donation direct to avoid google taking out their fee. Any options for how to do this?

Kit Sadgrove

Mar 27, 2024, 6:00:51 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I have asked Google Play support to seek the reinstatement of Calengoo.

Rogier Levy

Mar 27, 2024, 6:04:17 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,

I bought via PayPal and (I hope) directly from the Calengoo website. I couldn't buy it via the Playstore because in Holland it is still not available...

Constantin Danilenko

Mar 27, 2024, 6:21:05 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
After trying to install the cg183_1645_timelimited.apk "There was a problem while parsing the package" message appears

среда, 27 марта 2024 г. в 13:04:17 UTC+3, Rogier Levy:
Message has been deleted

CalenGoo Support

Mar 27, 2024, 6:43:23 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,

I will try to answer the questions here:

1: if I install this on my Android device, will it take the Google Play's version place seamlessly?

Yes, the version that you can buy from my website can be installed over the Google Play version and should keep all settings and data. However, it won't work the other way around, because the version from my website uses a higher build number to prevent Google Play from accidentally installing updates over it. And it is not possible to install an app update with a lower build number over one with a higher build number.

- 2: if someone decided to buy from Amazon, would it take over too or would it create second CalenGoo app?

No, the Amazon version uses a different digital signature. It cannot be installed in parallel (as a second CalenGoo app) but it also cannot be installed as an update over the existing version (due to the different digital signature). So the only way to switch to the Amazon version would be to first fix the current version (e.g. by using the airplane mode or the new apk update), then create a backup ("Settings > Backups > Automatic backups") and then uninstall the Google Play version and install it again from the Amazon Appstore. And then restore the backup under "Settings > Backups > Automatic backups". On the other hand, if you don't need a full backup (e.g. because all your data is saved in Google Calendar) then you could also just export and import the settings ("Settings > Display and Use > Maintenance > Export/Import settings") instead. However, I would nevertheless recommend to create a backup first.

- 3: given the number of Samsung devices, did you ever think about selling it on the Galaxy Store too?

Adding a new store usually causes new hassles with tax documents and other documents. I don't know how many users use the Galaxy Store. But maybe it is worth a try. I will think about it.

- After trying to install the cg183_1645_timelimited.apk "There was a problem while parsing the package" message appears

This usually means that the file was not correctly downloaded. Given that many people have successfully downloaded and installed it, I think the problem might be the browser on your phone. Please try to download it using a different browser. And check if enough space is free on your phone. Does that work?

My latest news:

I've been waiting in Google's queue for two hours now and after two hours the connection simply dropped. I think that's the maximum length for "conversations". When I called again afterwards, they said I should try again later. Unfortunately, I had that yesterday too and couldn't reach anyone.

My updates are still "in review" and I am waiting for Google to review and hopefully release the update and bring CalenGoo back into the store. In the meantime I am preparing a CalenGoo version without access to the contacts (and without the birthdays function and the insert contact function) so that I could try to upload that in case Google does not accept my changes (because the only problem they mentioned is my documentation about the handling of contact lists in my privacy policy. I have added that now but if it is not sufficient I could first not use contacts at all and then try to add these functions later again - with correct documentation - after CalenGoo is at least available in the Play Store again).

Kind regards

Dominique

M B

Mar 27, 2024, 7:39:48 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I also had the same problem this morning and got into panic too.

I downloaded the apk and installed it. THANK YOU DOMINIQUE !!!

I didn't realize I am using this app since so long (2011) so I will use the PayPal option to donate money, it's really worth it.

Thanks again.
Message has been deleted

Geoff M

Mar 27, 2024, 8:01:25 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi Dominique
I am very unhappy with Google - their action is not acceptable.
I have purchased Calangoo again, directly from you.... Google should refund my money for the original purchase.
In future I will try and bypss the Play Store......
Cheers

Stefan R. Martin

Mar 27, 2024, 8:22:01 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi Dominique

Thank you for your support. CalenGoo is really a great App which I have been using for ages. I have therefore also bought the apk directly from your store. It is well worth it.

One question: I have shared the version from the Google Play Store via the family library with other members of the family. Am I eligible to also share the license code or should I buy a separate code per family member?

Just for information, I have complained to Google about removing the App from the Play Store. All they manage is to provide an automated answer blaiming you as the developer. Very poor from Google.

Here their answer (sorry for the German)

Vielen Dank, dass Sie sich an den Google-Support gewandt haben.

Ich verstehe, dass Sie Bedenken hinsichtlich der Entfernung einer App aus dem Google Play Store haben.

Wenn eine App nicht mehr bei Google Play verfügbar ist, hat sich entweder der Entwickler dafür entschieden, die App zu entfernen, oder die App wurde aufgrund von Verstößen gegen die Nutzungsbedingungen von Google Play entfernt. Wenn Sie diese Bedingungen lesen möchten, besuchen Sie bitte diesen Link: http://www.android.com/us/developer-distribution-agreement.html.

Wenn eine App aus dem Play Store entfernt wird, steht sie bei Google Play nicht mehr zum Download zur Verfügung. Wenn es auf Ihrem Gerät installiert ist, können Sie es weiterhin verwenden, aber nicht mehr aktualisieren. Solange eine App nicht bei Google Play verfügbar ist, wird sie nicht in das Abrechnungssystem von Google Play aufgenommen. Dies gilt auch für bereits installierte Apps.

Wenn Sie weitere Fragen zu Google Play haben, antworten Sie gerne auf diese E-Mail.Ich helfe Ihnen gerne weiter.

[...]

Gabriel Strenger

Mar 27, 2024, 8:29:21 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I have the same problems...
A good occasion to thank you, Dominique, for the wonderful app - a constant companian for my office work for many years now.
I'll wait for the app to reappear on google play...
In the meanwhile it might be interesting for everybody here to know, that the desktop version keeps working fine for me also now.

Gabriel

Chris Duffield

Mar 27, 2024, 8:32:13 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Seems like more and more apps are being "ousted" by Google and Apple if they don't bow to their demands.  What happened to no monopolies?

Chris Duffield

Mar 27, 2024, 8:36:04 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thanks for the link, Jan.  If I use the PayPal option, do I need to backup my calendar and info before installing?  Or will it just work like an update and save everything I have?

Anthony DelaRosa

Mar 27, 2024, 9:04:17 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Any updates as to when it may be back up?

Mace Moneta

Mar 27, 2024, 9:18:18 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Calengoo appears to be back in the US Play Store, and I no longer get the license warning.

Jerry Gluck

Mar 27, 2024, 9:19:22 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Just found there is an "updated/new" version of CalenGoo in the Play Store.

Cheers,
Jerry

k hitomi

Mar 27, 2024, 9:20:19 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I tried to re-buy the app through the website, but payment thru Paypal got stuck, all the time.  So far, no luck no success.
I'll keep trying but I wonder if there are any other people who have the same issue.

 By the way,
My updates are still "in review" and I am waiting for Google to review and hopefully release the update and bring CalenGoo back into the store. In the meantime I am preparing a CalenGoo version without access to the contacts (and without the birthdays function and the insert contact function) so that I could try to upload that in case Google does not accept my changes (because the only problem they mentioned is my documentation about the handling of contact lists in my privacy policy. I have added that now but if it is not sufficient I could first not use contacts at all and then try to add these functions later again - with correct documentation - after CalenGoo is at least available in the Play Store again).

The birthday list IS the killer in CalenGoo.  I LOVE this function!!

Thank you.

k hitomi

Mar 27, 2024, 9:21:29 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
YES!!!
Same in Japan!!!  It's working again!!!

THANK YOU!!!

2024年3月27日水曜日 22:18:18 UTC+9 Mace Moneta:

Ellie Toney (Mojave)

Mar 27, 2024, 9:27:46 AMMar 27
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
OMG!!!!!!! IT'S NOW WORKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!!!!!!   THANK YOU Dominique!!!!!!

Delphine Roland

Mar 27, 2024, 9:28:02 AMMar 27
to jgudenus, Emmanuel Presse Sport, CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thanks a lot for the interim solution!

Alexander Avidan

Delphine Roland

Mar 27, 2024, 9:28:02 AMMar 27
to Frederic Da Vitoria, CalenGoo Support, CalenGoo-Android-Support
Done too

Carol Corley

Mar 27, 2024, 9:28:02 AMMar 27
to calengoo-and...@googlegroups.com
Dominique,

Thank you for the temporary workaround. It worked perfectly. Your customer service is exemplary.

I have used this amazing app for decades and depend on it several times a day.

Have a blessed day,
Carol Corley

On Tuesday, March 26, 2024 at 1:42:18 AM UTC-7 CalenGoo Support wrote:
[...]

It is loading more messages.