Time Zone Settings

Peter

Aug 27, 2020, 12:02:24 PM8/27/20
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi Dominique,

Can you help me with proper time zone settings?

I entered a new event while in Alaska that was to happen in Washington.  I entered it in Washington time.  When I arrived in Washington, the time for the event changed an hour making it incorrect.

Ideally, I would prefer that changes like this don't happen.  I can't see me needing to adjust the time for existing events.  These settings are hard to test unless I could hang out on a time zone boundary and walk back and forth!

Thanks......Pete

CalenGoo Support

Aug 27, 2020, 12:11:08 PM8/27/20
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
On Thursday, August 27, 2020 at 6:02:24 PM UTC+2, Peter wrote:

Hi Pete,

Can you help me with proper time zone settings?

I entered a new event while in Alaska that was to happen in Washington.  I entered it in Washington time.  When I arrived in Washington, the time for the event changed an hour making it incorrect.

Ideally, I would prefer that changes like this don't happen.  I can't see me needing to adjust the time for existing events.  These settings are hard to test unless I could hang out on a time zone boundary and walk back and forth!

thank you for your message! Just set "Settings > Display and Use > General > Time zone" to your home time zone, then the times of your events won't change when you travel. :-)

Please don't hesitate to contact me again if you have further questions!

Kind regards

Dominique