Calendar name changed on Android

Barbara V

Oct 13, 2021, 9:17:01 AM10/13/21
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I mostly use Calengoo on my Sony Xperia 10 iii Android phone, and sometimes I use the native Calendar app. On my desktop, I use the Chrome browser to access calendar.google.com. All three versions are synchronized.

I had a "Personal" calendar on my phone, which somehow (surely by my error) got renamed to the letter "V". It has this new name on both Calengoo and Calendar. On my desktop, using the web browser, it still has the name "Personal". It's obviously the same calendar, as any appointments I add to "V" (Android) also appear on "Personal" (Chrome). There is no calendar named "V" on the web version.

I don't see any way to edit the name (back to Personal) on the Android apps. I can't change it on the web version, because that name doesn't exist there.

I would appreciate a solution to this little annoying problem.

Thank you,

Barbara

CalenGoo Support

Oct 13, 2021, 9:21:35 AM10/13/21
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi Barbara,

so it seems that the Android calendar (from which Calengoo loads the data) thinks that this calendar is now named "V". Maybe it helps to rename the calendar on https://calendar.google.com , sync the Android calendar so that the new name appears and then change it back on https://calendar.google.com . Another option might be to clear the data of the "Calendar storage" app on your Android phone to force the Android calendar to re-download all data from Google (you should certainly only do this if you can see all your events and calendars correctly on https://calendar.google.com ).

Does that work?

Please don't hesitate to contact me again if you have further questions!

Kind regards

Dominique