Unable to get Calengoo Tasks in Google Calendar tasks

Yves Peene

Oct 10, 2020, 2:10:51 PM10/10/20
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,
I'm using Calengoo with extreme satisfaction for years now.
I've now installed Calengoo on my new Android smartphone, the Calendar does show ALL entries, including very old ones - that's OK.
BUT I'm unable to get the TASKS visible on my new phone.
The Tasks were stored only LOCALLY on my old phone.
I tried several scenarios  but none of these actions worked :
- Export/Import & Export/Imported the DB (ticked the box) and then re-installed Calengoo
- ADD the GMAIL account under the TASKS on my OLD phone then SYNC
So I do not succeed in getting the tasks LOCALLY on my phone nor in the GOOGLE calendar.
I must be doing something wrong...
Can you help me out please?

Many thanks
Yves Peene

CalenGoo Support

Oct 10, 2020, 2:31:59 PM10/10/20
On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 8:10:51 PM UTC+2, Yves Peene wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Calengoo with extreme satisfaction for years now.

great, thank you very much! I am glad that you like it! 😊

I've now installed Calengoo on my new Android smartphone, the Calendar does show ALL entries, including very old ones - that's OK.
BUT I'm unable to get the TASKS visible on my new phone.
The Tasks were stored only LOCALLY on my old phone.
I tried several scenarios  but none of these actions worked :
- Export/Import & Export/Imported the DB (ticked the box) and then re-installed Calengoo
- ADD the GMAIL account under the TASKS on my OLD phone then SYNC
So I do not succeed in getting the tasks LOCALLY on my phone nor in the GOOGLE calendar.
I must be doing something wrong...
Can you help me out please?

The easiest way to transfer all tasks (and all other settings) is to use a backup. Just use "Settings > Backups > Automatic backups" in CalenGoo on your old phone to create a backup of CalenGoo's database in Google Drive. Then, on your new phone, check if you can see that backup under "Settings > Backups > Automatic backups" in CalenGoo and restore it.

Does that fix it?

Please try this and don't hesitate to contact me again if you have any problems or questions! 🙂

Kind regards

Dominique Gunia

Yves Peene

Oct 11, 2020, 4:13:11 AM10/11/20
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,
That's great! Thanks a lot...
It worked - I can see all tasks now.
BUT they still do NOT appear yet in the Google calencar aven after SYNC (and having unticked/ticked the google account in the Task setting).
Could you also help me with that finally?
Thanks again!
Yves

CalenGoo Support

Oct 11, 2020, 5:13:39 AM10/11/20
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 10:13:11 AM UTC+2, Yves Peene wrote:

Hi Yves,

It worked - I can see all tasks now.
BUT they still do NOT appear yet in the Google calencar aven after SYNC (and having unticked/ticked the google account in the Task setting).
Could you also help me with that finally?

please try this:
  1. Open "Settings > Tasks" in CalenGoo and add your Google account if it is not already there.
  2. Open the task view and tap&hold the header of your task list.
  3. Select "Copy all into new list" and then select your Google account.
  4. Select "Sync" from CalenGoo's menu and wait for the sync to finish.
  5. Open "Settings > Tasks" and uncheck your "Local" account.
Afterward your tasks should be in Google Tasks and you can use that task list instead of your local task list.

Yves Peene

Oct 11, 2020, 7:57:27 AM10/11/20
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi  Dominique,

Thank you for your prompt reply, however clicking on the Header of the Task list (if you mean click/hold the Title of the first Task in the list) gives me a popup with "Task: [1] ...... Open, Delete, Select multiple entries".
I Selected the 3rd one but it only ticks the 1st task in the List ... and I do NOT get an option "Copy all into new list".
So, do you know what's wrong? - Version 1.0.180 (1379) is installed.

Another question, if I need to switch off my Local account under Tasks, does it mean that the data is NOT Locally stored - so if there's NO internet connection I can't see/update the existing Tasks ?

Thanks!
Yves

CalenGoo Support

Oct 11, 2020, 8:00:10 AM10/11/20
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 1:57:27 PM UTC+2, Yves Peene wrote:

Hi Yves,

however clicking on the Header of the Task list (if you mean click/hold the Title of the first Task in the list)

no, I mean to click/hold the header of the task list, not the first task. The header is the gray bar that displays the task list's name above the first task.

Another question, if I need to switch off my Local account under Tasks, does it mean that the data is NOT Locally stored - so if there's NO internet connection I can't see/update the existing Tasks ?

No, it will still be stored locally. "Local accounts" store tasks only locally whereas Google accounts store them locally and in Google Tasks.

Please don't hesitate to contact me again if you have further questions! :-)

Kind regards

Dominique

Yves Peene

Oct 11, 2020, 12:04:12 PM10/11/20
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi  Dominique ,
This is what I get on my Task screen on my new & old phone.
I can't see any GREY header section. "Actuele acties" is the first task...

Thx!
Yves

CalenGoo Support

Oct 11, 2020, 12:06:59 PM10/11/20
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 6:04:12 PM UTC+2, Yves Peene wrote:

Hi Yves,

This is what I get on my Task screen on my new & old phone.
I can't see any GREY header section. "Actuele acties" is the first task...

unfortunately there is no screenshot in your message, only an empty rectangle. 🤔 Can you please try it again?

Kind regards

Dominique

Yves Peene

Oct 11, 2020, 12:38:45 PM10/11/20
to CalenGoo Support, CalenGoo-Android-Support

Unable to get Calengoo Tasks in Google Calendar tasks
Yves Peene
Hi, I'm using Calengoo with extreme satisfaction for years now. I've now installed Calengoo on my new Android smartphone, the Calendar does show AL...
'CalenGoo Support' via CalenGoo-Android-Support
great, thank you very much! I am glad that you like it! 😊 The easiest way to transfer all tasks (and all other settings) is to use a backup. Just ...
Yves Peene
Hi, That's great! Thanks a lot... It worked - I can see all tasks now. BUT they still do NOT appear yet in the Google calencar aven after SYNC (and...
'CalenGoo Support' via CalenGoo-Android-Support
On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 10:13:11 AM UTC+2, Yves Peene wrote: Hi Yves, please try this: Open "Settings > Tasks" in CalenGoo and add your Goog...
Yves Peene
Hi Dominique, Thank you for your prompt reply, however clicking on the Header of the Task list (if you mean click/hold the Title of the first Task ...
'CalenGoo Support' via CalenGoo-Android-Support
no, I mean to click/hold the header of the task list, not the first task. The header is the gray bar that displays the task list's name above the f...
Yves Peene
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
1 hour ago
Details
Hi  Dominique ,

New try via e-mail now. See the image attached.

This is what I get on my Task screen on my new & old phone.
I can't see any GREY header section. "Actuele acties" is the first task...

Yves
IMG_20201011_170143.jpg