Notifications for floating events

Lauren Babus

Apr 9, 2023, 4:25:59 PM4/9/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I have a floating event that I want to appear every morning and get a notification so I remember to do something.  The event floats every day correctly but I don't get the notification - it disappears after the first day.  Maybe I am doing something wrong - am I supposed to mark the event as done?  Would appreciate any help.  Thanks.

ScotProf

Apr 10, 2023, 1:40:03 AM4/10/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
If I understand you correctly, you're dismissing the notification the first day that it appears, correct? In that case, the floating event will move forward to the next day, but the notification doesn't (because you've previously dismissed it).

I think that what you want to happen is better achieved using a recurrent completable event (or a recurrent task). For example: 1. Set up the event at the desired time (e.g., 9AM) and set a reminder. 2. Check "completable" (but do NOT check "Floating"). 3. Scroll down to recurrence, and make it daily. 4. Save.

Then, when the reminder occurs tomorrow at 9AM, dismiss it, and check the "completed" box. It should remind you again the next day, and so on....