Deleting local attachment copies

Albator V

Jan 4, 2023, 3:57:44 AM1/4/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,
A fix is plublished in beta 1584 to delete local attachement copies but it's not working for me.
So when I delete event/task with attachment, local copies are not deleted.
Also, long tap an attachement > delete don't delete copie.
Regards

CalenGoo Support

Jan 24, 2023, 5:00:01 AM1/24/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,

I am sorry, I had fixed it only for deleting events, not for deleting single attachments in an event. When examining I found another problem regarding the new DocumentFile functions that I have to use to access files now. I have fixed it now for the next beta version, which I will try to upload next week.

Please don't hesitate to contact me again if you have further questions!

Kind regards

Dominique

Albator V

Jan 24, 2023, 5:25:33 AM1/24/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,
Sorry to insist but with the latest current version 1585, deleting an event or a task with attachments, does not delete the attached files.
Regards

CalenGoo Support

Jan 24, 2023, 5:27:20 AM1/24/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,

I am sorry that it doesn't work correctly! Have you set a custom directory for your local attachments so that you can see if they are deleted?

The attachments are not deleted when the event was copied and another event is still using the same attachment (at least this check is performed for non-Android calendars). Could that be the problem?

Kind regards

Dominique

Albator V

Jan 24, 2023, 7:47:50 AM1/24/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Yes, I set a custom directory.
So when I attach picture, file copy is created to custom directory (internal/download/Calengoo/Attachments).
Now, if i delete this event, file is not deleted.
No log file somewhere ?

CalenGoo Support

Jan 24, 2023, 8:10:14 AM1/24/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,

you are right, I was able to reproduce it now. Thank you for reporting this problem! Somehow Android sometimes uses "file://" URLs and at other times it uses "content://" URLs. I didn't handle "content://" URLs correctly in this case. I have fixed it now. Please try it again with the new version next week. :-)

Kind regards

Dominique

Albator V

Feb 9, 2023, 10:34:05 AM2/9/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Beta version 1.0.183 (1586)
- Bug fix for deleting locally copied attachments (so that the local copy is deleted when deleting the attachment in the edit view of the event).
- Better filenames for local attachments.

Problem not solved with last beta...

Filenames (events and tasks)
Now, each copy image name is : (invalid).jpg, (invalid)(1).jpg, (invalid)(2).jpg, etc... Normal ?

Events
"Long tap image thumbnail -> Delete" in edit view don't delete file.

Tasks
Delete task, don't delete file.
"Long tap image thumbnail -> Delete" in edit view don't delete file.

CalenGoo Support

Mar 16, 2023, 7:08:41 AM3/16/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi!

I am sorry that it took so long! I think I have fixed #1 and #3 for build 1593 (in a few days). However #2 already seems to work fine.

Currently I am waiting for Google to review 1592 and afterward I will upload 1593. It should become available for download in a few days. Please try it again with that version. Thank you very much! 🙂

Kind regards

Dominique

Albator V

Mar 27, 2023, 9:00:03 AM3/27/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Problem not solved in build 1593

Events

  1. Filename -> OK
  2. Delete event (long tap on it) when picture is attached -> OK, file copy is deleted
  3. Delete event (delete button in details view) when picture is attached -> OK, file copy is deleted
  4. Delete picture (long tap on it) in edit view -> NOK, file copy is not deleted

 Tasks

  1. Filename -> OK
  2. Delete task (long tap on it) when picture is attached -> NOK, file copy is not deleted
  3. Delete task (delete button in task view) when picture is attached -> NOK, file copy is not deleted
  4. Delete picture (long tap on it) in task view -> NOK, file copy is not deleted