calengoo - google calendar sync issue

venky

Jul 3, 2024, 3:42:34 AM (5 days ago) Jul 3
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi Dominique,
In Google calendar app, when I create an event under my google/gmail account then the event shows up on the Google calendar (in chrome) on my desktop i.e., google calendar app on my phone is syncing properly with the google web calendar.

In the Visibility/Download section in Calenggo, I enabled the checkbox for the above Google/Gmail account however, I'm not seeing in Calengoo any of the events I added in Google calendar and vice versa i.e., any events I added in Calengoo under this google account calendar I am not seeing them in Google calendar. It's as if the gmail calendar in Calengoo is not syncing with the same gmail calendar in Google calendar app.

Can you please tell me how I can fix this?

Thanks.

CalenGoo Support

Jul 3, 2024, 5:50:27 AM (5 days ago) Jul 3
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi Venky,

if the Google Calendar app on your phone shows everything correctly, then the easiest solution is to sync CalenGoo in the same way as the Google Calendar app, i.e. via the Android account. Just open "Settings > Accounts" in CalenGoo, turn "Android" on and your Google account off.

However, if you want to sync directly with Google Calendar you should first check if your new events are correctly synced. When you create a new event in CalenGoo it has a small cloud status icon until it has been uploaded. Additionally you can open "Settings > Information > Changes to upload" to see if any events were not uploaded yet.

If your events are uploaded but don't appear on http://calendar.google.com then you are probably using a different Google account in CalenGoo. On http://calendar.google.com you can see the used account by clicking on the colored circle in the upper right corner. In CalenGoo you can see the used account unter "Settings > Accounts".

However, if you have signed in again to your account in CalenGoo and then changed the email address, it might not be connected to the account that is displayed there. In that case you can remove and re-add your Google account under "Settings > Accounts" in CalenGoo to ensure that you are syncing with the correct account. Before removing your Google account I would recommend making a backup under "Settings > Backups > Automatic backups" in CalenGoo.

Please don't hesitate to contact me again if you have further questions!

Kind regards

Dominique