Start and End time for an event

venky

Oct 8, 2021, 2:43:50 AM10/8/21
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,
On the event creation page both start and end time are set to the same time by default even though I set the duration (default) to be 1 hour in the settings. As a result, whenever I have to create an event I have to change the end date because it is by default same as start time. What would be nice is when event creation is called up then automatically have the end time be set to default start time + duration because this is what will be the case most of the time i.e., the end time will be start time + duration most of the times. Thanks.

CalenGoo Support

Oct 8, 2021, 2:45:56 AM10/8/21
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,

yes, that's the purpose of the duration, to automatically set the end time to "start time + duration". Doesn't that work? Did you really set "Settings > Display and Use > Edit view > New event's duration" to "1 hour"?

Kind regards

Dominique Gunia

venky

Oct 9, 2021, 2:36:44 AM10/9/21
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
yes, the 'New event's duration' was set to 1 Hours and it was still not working. I am using Android phone.

CalenGoo Support

Oct 9, 2021, 2:37:32 AM10/9/21
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Please email me (and...@calengoo.com) your settings so that I can try to reproduce it:

Tap "Settings > Display and Use > Maintenance > Export settings > File/Email > Send email" in CalenGoo to email me your settings.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards

Dominique Gunia

venky

Oct 20, 2021, 3:05:39 PM10/20/21
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Allow me to clarify so you can reproduce the problem.
When I click create event and when the event create window pops up, to start off with, the start and end date are set to today and the start and end times are set to 1 hour apart (although I don't understand why the start time is in the past and not set to the current time) and this is correctly working. The problem is when you do one of the two things below.
1. Click on the start time button and if you change the start time then the app prompts you to set the end time but the end time defaults to the start time. I think the end time should default to whatever is the default duration i.e., after I select a start time then end time should default to start time + duration.

2. The same issue as #1 above occurs when you change the start date. To start off with the start and end times are set according to the default duration which is correct. But, if you click start date button and change the start date then the app changes the end time to be the same as start time. If I change the start date then the end time should not be set equal to start time.

Hope this helps.