Feature request: different reminders for different calendars

Rajeev Mehra

Jun 3, 2024, 1:30:19 PMJun 3
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hello!
Would it be possible to have different reminder settings for different calendars?
Alternatively, maybe it is possible to set reminder options for individual events?

Calengoo's auto-snooze feature is "priceless" for me! It ensures that I do not miss acting upon some extremely important events. It automatically pings me every 2 minutes until I act upon the task or dismiss the notification.

However, I also maintain separate calendars which contain tasks which are not that urgent. Like for example, I have a calendar called - "Recurring tasks" inside which I have reminders like "take vitamins". For tasks like those, I do not need to be reminded every 2 minutes. I would rather have Calengoo remind me every 15 minutes.

Thank you!
-Raj

Rajeev Mehra

Jun 4, 2024, 12:28:51 PMJun 4
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I was wondering, since this feature is not there (yet), maybe it is possible to have two installations of Calengoo on my phone?
I know, long shot here :-)

PS: I noticed there is a dedicated features request website. So I added this to that also
Thanks

CalenGoo Support

Jun 5, 2024, 10:25:25 AMJun 5
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi Raj,

it is possible to set different "calendar global" reminders for different calendars. Under "Settings > Visibility/Download" you can tap the blue button at the end of the line. There you can enter reminders that are automatically applied to all events in that calendar. However, this kind of reminders is not synced with Google Calendar, i.e. the reminders are only visible in CalenGoo. And they cannot be changed for individual events, they are automatically used for all events in a calendar in addition to the individual reminders the event has. The "calendar global" reminders don't change any events. I.e. you can just add or remove these "calendar global" reminders and it won't change anything in Google Calendar.

Is that maybe a solution for your problem?

Please don't hesitate to contact me again if you have further questions! 🙂

Kind regards

Dominique
Message has been deleted

CalenGoo Support

Jun 5, 2024, 2:16:39 PMJun 5
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hello Raj,

I am sorry, I just re-read your email and saw that I overlooked that you do not want different reminders for each calendar but different snooze options. No, unfortunately that's not possible yet. I will try to add it in the future!