Backup Calengoo

Juan Esteban

Feb 17, 2021, 9:18:27 AM2/17/21
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
I have updated to the latest version of Calengoo and after that I received a notification that shows something like this... "Backup has changed the location of backups directory".
Now backup is on "download" folder and it has 3 files of backup.

My question is, this new folder with the 3 files of backup is enough for recovery all Calengoo settings and calendars after a recovery or reinstalation?
It's necessary to get any other backup files like templates or settings?

Thank you in advance

CalenGoo Support

Feb 17, 2021, 12:06:06 PM2/17/21
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi!

A backup consists only of a single file with the suffix ".sqlite" so you seem to have three backups. The backup is just a copy of Calengoo's database, which also contains all templates and settings. However it does not contain any Android calendars, because these calendars are saved in the Android calendar, not in CalenGoo's database.

The backups were moved to the "Download" folder because there are new restrictions which directories can be used for which kind of data and the "Download" folder seemed to be a folder that works fine on Android 11, too. The /sdcard/calengoo/backups directory was not accessible any more on Android 11 if CalenGoo was reinstalled. However maybe I have recently found another option so that you can freely choose any folder. I will try to add that with another update soon!

Please don't hesitate to contact me again if you have further questions!

Kind regards

Dominique Gunia