"New event for current time" not working as expected

ScotProf

Feb 24, 2023, 3:50:36 PM2/24/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Samsung S22 Ultra, Android 13. Settings / Display and Use / Edit View (Advanced settings): I have "New event for current time" checked, and "Round to next full hour" NOT checked, but every time I add a new event, the start time rounds to the next full hour. It's 11:09 AM right now - new event - start time shows as 12pm. Bug, or something with my setup?

CalenGoo Support

Feb 25, 2023, 5:25:31 AM2/25/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,

I have tried it myself now but it seems to work fine. How did you create the new event? I have tapped the red "+" button in the day view to create it.

Kind regards

Dominique

ScotProf

Feb 26, 2023, 8:23:40 AM2/26/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thanks for the quick reply, Dominique.  I use Agenda view. The view that I use includes a "+" shortcut at the right side of every day's header. Tap that - the problem that I reported occurs, every time. But - after reading your response - I tested day view, and it worked correctly for me there (i.e. start time = current time). Back to my Agenda view, tap "+" - again, it was round to next full hour. But if, instead (still in Agenda view), I opened the "hamburger" menu at the top-right of the page, and tapped "new event", it worked as expected. So, it looks like an issue with that "+" shortcut that exists in some of the Agenda views. FYI, I also tested in the Agenda widget (with Advance settings / header checked), and tapping the "new event" in THAT header works as expected.

ScotProf

Feb 26, 2023, 8:23:40 AM2/26/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thank you for the quick reply, Dominique. I use one of the agenda views, in which every Day header has a "+" at the right side. Tapping that "+" opens the new event popup, but the start time always rounds to the next hour. After reading your response, I instead tried using the hamburger menu at the top right of the Agenda View page, tapping that and then tapping new event. That worked as expected, setting the event start time to the current time. So, there appears to be a bug in the agenda view shortcut in the day headers.

ScotProf

Feb 26, 2023, 8:23:40 AM2/26/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
To follow up from my previous replies: the problem seems also to occur when using the red "+" button on week and month views (but, as you noted, it works OK on day view).

Wayne Bird

Feb 26, 2023, 10:18:20 AM2/26/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
@scotprof Just for my own education, where is the "New event for current time" setting located? I looked all over the various settings and even used the search in settings and still couldn't find it😏
Thanks,
Wayne

ScotProf

Feb 26, 2023, 12:18:02 PM2/26/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Wayne: see original post in this thread -  Settings / Display and Use / Edit View (Advanced settings)

Wayne Bird

Feb 27, 2023, 1:33:19 AM2/27/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Thank you @Scotprof

ScotProf

Mar 3, 2023, 12:50:41 PM3/3/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
@Dominique - have you been able to confirm the issues re/ "set for current time" not working for several of the views? Or do they all work for you?

CalenGoo Support

Mar 4, 2023, 10:19:44 AM3/4/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,

I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing. The red "+" button works fine for me in all views, it creates a new event for the current time.

When selecting the "+" button of a certain day in the agenda view, then a new event is created for the day the "+" button belongs to. To create a new event for the current day/time use the red "+" button in the lower right corner or "New event" from the menu.

If it doesn't work for you with the red "+" button in the month view, please email me ( and...@calengoo.com ) your settings. Thank you very much! 🙂

Kind regards

Dominique

ScotProf

Mar 5, 2023, 3:13:37 AM3/5/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi again. For me, the red "+" button at the lower right corner sets the start time to current time in day view, but NOT in month view or week view (in those views, it rounds up to next hour). Also, I don't have a red button at the lower right corner in Agenda View; just the "+" button on each day's header (which rounds up to next hour) and the menu / new event (which uses the current time). I'll email my settings.

CalenGoo Support

Mar 5, 2023, 4:30:03 AM3/5/23
to CalenGoo-Android-Support
Hi,

thank you very much for all feedback! :-) I have found and fixed problems in the week, month and agenda view now. I will try to upload a new beta version in the next few days.

Kind regards

Dominique