calendar_date_select and Bundler

Todd Sedano

Jul 15, 2010, 10:20:29 AM7/15/10
to calendar_d...@googlegroups.com
For one of my projects, I'm now using Bundler. I've successfully used calednar_date_select on other projects. However, when I add it to my Gemfile, bundle install will install it, but Rails isn't seeing it.

Here is part of my Gemfile:

group :plugins do
  gem 'authlogic'
  gem 'calendar_date_select'
end

undefined method `calendar_date_select' for #<ActionView::Base:0x3a1c3d8>

Tim Harper

Jul 15, 2010, 10:22:29 AM7/15/10
to calendar_d...@googlegroups.com

I wonder if you still need to require it. Have you tried that?

Todd

Jul 15, 2010, 11:41:42 PM7/15/10
to calendar_date_select

Thank you for help, I do need to require it. I'm on Bundler with Rails
2.3.4 and I thought Bundler did all the requires for everything in the
Gemfile. Hmmmm.

Tim Harper

Jul 16, 2010, 12:26:12 AM7/16/10
to calendar_d...@googlegroups.com
An unpredictable little fellow that bundler can be, eh? It seems for
many libraries bundle auto requires for you, but others not. I know
not what magic lies beneath.