Does CDS look at the user's locale at all?

Pat Maddox

Aug 16, 2009, 6:55:26 PM8/16/09
to calendar_date_select
Hi,

I'm looking at a weird error that's resulting from the browser sending
an ISO-formatted date, whereas the client expects a US-formatted one.
Having a really tough time pinpointing it and I'm not sure it's in CDS
at all but I want to rule it out. As far as I can tell, nowhere do we
explicitly use the iso_date format, so I was wondering if CDS looks at
the browser's locale and uses that? I downloaded a locale switcher
plugin for FF but it didn't reveal anything. Nothing in the code
jumps out at me, so I have my doubts at this point. Does anyone have
any ideas?

Thanks,
Pat

timcharper

Aug 21, 2009, 2:15:13 PM8/21/09
to calendar_date_select
But, reading your message again, that would only effect parsing, and
not formatting.

That is weird. Hope you find your issue.

Tim

timcharper

Aug 21, 2009, 2:13:54 PM8/21/09
to calendar_date_select
Hi Pat,

I believe the locale's of CDS will effectively rely on the browser's
locale if the provided date is not parse-able by the specific
implementation.

Tim