Caldav4j and Davmail

Skip to the first unread message

Jochen Schnaidt

30 Sept 2011, 2:59:32 am30/09/11
to caldav4j
Hi everybody,
I am working on a solution to connect my client software to an old MS
Exchange 2003 server via a Davmail Gateway. Therefore my company wants
to use the caldav format and so caldav4j.
When I connect to the gateway I can do the OPTIONS request an get a
nice answer. The PROPFIND command has a response consisting only of
"/". When it comes to any kind of other command, like PUT or GET the
server only returns "Bad Request".

The gateway itself works correct, I tried to connect via Thunderbird/
Lightning without any problems. So my question is: Has anybody
experience in this combination of Davmail and Caldav4j? Do I need to
use other optionsor parameters for my request?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Jochen

Roberto Polli

30 Sept 2011, 6:56:43 pm30/09/11
to cald...@googlegroups.com
Never tried caldav 4j with davmail.

> When I connect to the gateway I can do the OPTIONS request an get a
> nice answer. The PROPFIND command has a response consisting only of
> "/". When it comes to any kind of other command, like PUT or GET the
> server only returns "Bad Request".

You can check the log trace of http.wire after configuring it in
log4j.properties: see http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/logging.html

by default it should be set to info or debug.

Please, post on list the trace of the request/response and I'll
provide some help.

Peace,

R.