Access to Netty Series (AvGxxx) ?

Chandrashekhar Kumar

Oct 5, 2018, 4:18:37 AM10/5/18
to Calculational Mathematics
I am unable to find directs links to Netty Series (AvGxxx) [A. J. M. van Gasteren].

Regards
Chandra

Juan Michelini

Oct 8, 2018, 10:41:33 AM10/8/18
to calculationa...@googlegroups.com
I too would like access to them.

Juan Michelini

Jeremy Weissmann

Oct 8, 2018, 2:43:44 PM10/8/18
to calculationa...@googlegroups.com
I asked about this when I was in the Netherlands. I believe Wim Feijen has access to the files but he told me that the only ones he was at liberty to circulate were those written in conjunction with Feijen and Dijkstra, her thesis, and the book “On a Method of Multiprogramming”. I can ask again.

+j

Wim Feijen

Oct 9, 2018, 2:11:08 PM10/9/18
to Jeremy Weissmann, calculationa...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

   As Jeremy pointed out correctly, the vast majority of essays by Netty van Gasteren were written in conjunction with Edsger W. Dijkstra and myself.  Have a look at the EWD site from Austin and at the WF-files at MathMeth.  The approximately 30 chapters of our book on Multiprogramming each have an  AvG/WF  number, but I think I cannot upload these to the MathMeth site.  I know of the existence of a small number of  AvG's written by Netty herself, but I don't have these.  What I can do is ask her husband Dick.

   It's a pity that Jeremy hasn't yet made Netty's PhD thesis available on the site.  Therefore I send you a copy along with this mail.  Good luck, enjoy, and mail me if I can help.  Best wishes,

Wim Feijen.

Netty's PhD Thesis.pdf

Kevin

Oct 14, 2018, 10:17:13 AM10/14/18
to Calculational Mathematics
Thank you. I'd like to see them too, if that is possible. Also, would it be possible to see WFs 220, 232, 233, 250, 251, and 265 please?

Best regards,
Kevin Hely

Wim Feijen

Oct 14, 2018, 1:32:03 PM10/14/18
to Jeremy Weissmann, calculationa...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

   Netty's husband Dick has no  AvG's  (any more).  If I can find someone who does have copies of her essays, I will inform you.  Netty's PhD thesis is publicly available at  <<https://pure.tue.nl/ws/files/2134400/337809.pdf>>.  I hope Jeremy will upload this URL in the Contributors section of the Mathmeth site.  Best wishes,

Wim Feijen