Searching for recordings of Dr. Dijkstra’s courses

Florin Vasiliu

Nov 7, 2018, 12:20:46 PM11/7/18
to Calculational Mathematics

Greetings, esteemed mathematicians and computing scientists:

As an admirer of Dr. Dijkstra’s work (and having studied “A Discipline of Programming”), I am interested in whether anyone has, and is willing to share, video recordings of his later courses on program design, such as the one introduced in EWD1157, or others from the late 80s and 90s. If not, I would also value class notes or handouts. Of course, any of the previous would be for personal use only – I will not distribute.

Thank you in advance for your reply,

Florin Vasiliu

Wim Feijen

Nov 8, 2018, 5:08:20 AM11/8/18
to calculationa...@googlegroups.com
Dear Florin,

   You may have a look at  <<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNCAFcAbSTg>>  and start looking Dijkstra's NU lectures from there.  Best wishes,

Wim Feijen.

Florin Vasiliu

Nov 12, 2018, 4:39:24 AM11/12/18
to Calculational Mathematics

Thank you for your reply and help! Any further material on the particular topic of program design will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Florin Vasiliu
On 7 Nov 2018, at 18:20, Florin Vasiliu <florinv...@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings, esteemed mathematicians and computing scientists:

As an admirer of Dr. Dijkstra’s work (and having studied “A Discipline of Programming”), I am interested in whether anyone has, and is willing to share, video recordings of his later courses on program design, such as the one introduced in EWD1157, or others from the late 80s and 90s. If not, I would also value class notes or handouts. Of course, any of the previous would be for personal use only – I will not distribute.

Thank you in advance for your reply,

Florin Vasiliu

Wim Feijen

Nov 12, 2018, 5:04:24 AM11/12/18
to calculationa...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Calculational Mathematics" group.