Directory Server

zolee

Jun 9, 2009, 12:52:43 PM6/9/09
to Calculate Linux
I've been working in school, and my plan is to change the system in
our labs. On your site there is a few information about Directory
server but I need some more information. My greatest problem as
administrator is that viruses and children often destroyes windows and
I need to reinstall it again over and over. I'm using ghost but it
takes too much time. My plan was to ghost only bare XP and to take
applications from server. There is an example of using Photoshop on
your site but I don't understand is it installed on server or it has
to be downloaded localy? The client OS is CLD or win machine? I do not
know do you understand my problem, but I was wonder do the Dir Server
allow such a thing. I can not remove win from all the machines becouse
we use some softvare that don't run from linux under wine (Visual
Studio, Solid Edge ...). Is there more documentation about Server
edition? What about licence? Thank's a lot.

Lautre

Jun 9, 2009, 4:15:40 PM6/9/09
to Calculate Linux
Hi Zolee,
Thanks for interest to our project.

We offer a solution consisting of linux server (CDS) and Linux PC (CLD
or CLDX).
Almost all of the software server and the desktop is a free license
(GPL, Apache and other).
Launch windows applications can be from Windos Terminal Server.
If you can not use the Windos Terminal Server in the first place
because of the cost, you can transfer only a fraction of computers on
linux - those machines, do not perform specialized windows
application.
Of course, as an option, you can use VirtualBox, which is part of the
CLD.
Documentation for the English translation is not yet complete, so if
you have any questions, ask them here.

Best regards, Alexander