Applicatons panel

1 view

zolee

May 14, 2009, 1:36:14 PM5/14/09
to Calculate Linux
I've installed cd9.5 and have some problems to configure applications
panel. I would like to insert for example VirtualBox launcher on the
bottom of the screen but there si no command for that or I just don't
know how to do that. Can anybody help me? After the installation
VirtualBox doesn't start, it freeze at registration. After the upgrade
to 2.2.2 version it works, this is just for info if it is helpfull at
all. By the way how can I upgrade the whole system to most recetn
version, porthole or there is some calculate command. Too much
questions?

Lautre

May 14, 2009, 4:34:12 PM5/14/09
to Calculate Linux
Hi Zolee!
Thank you for your questions.

If you want to migrate applications from the menu KDE, Unlock changing
widget, then press the right mouse button on the menu. Then press the
right mouse button on the menu.

To start VirtualBox using autoload module vboxdrv. I should build CLD
9.5.1 and now I can not verify. Here, everything is working ;)

Porthole is more to beauty, at the request of users. Use the following
command from the console: emerge --sync && calculate --update
The first command updates the tree Portage gentoo, other command will
update Calculate Overlay and installer Calculate. After that you can
perform the update.

CLD is issued once a month, with the free partition to ~10Gb, you can
for 10 minutes completely upgrade. To update the DVD drive is no
longer required.

Lautre

May 14, 2009, 11:49:56 PM5/14/09
to Calculate Linux
sorry did not add :) opening the menu on the editing, you can move an
application from him to the bottom panel.