Raw Water Impeller Puller

Steve Easterbrook

May 28, 2021, 9:36:28 AM5/28/21
to ca...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I’m having difficulty removing my raw water impeller, without removing the entire pump. I was wondering if anyone has found a suitable tool for this, on our Perkins diesel.
Cheers, Steve and Carol aboard ‘Sands-End’

Gord Lamb

May 28, 2021, 11:21:46 AM5/28/21
to Steve Easterbrook, cal46
Hey Steve,

I bought a Sea Dog 660040-1 a couple years ago and it did the trick.

On Fri, 28 May 2021 at 09:36, Steve Easterbrook <sandsen...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, I’m having difficulty removing my raw water impeller, without removing the entire pump. I was wondering if anyone has found a suitable tool for this, on our Perkins diesel.
Cheers, Steve and Carol aboard ‘Sands-End’

Gordon
s/v Wanderlust

steve easterbrook

May 28, 2021, 3:34:26 PM5/28/21
to Gord Lamb, cal46
Hi Gordon and Nick,
That puller might work. My obstruction is the oil sensor, just visible in the top right of this pic.
Thanks, Steve
image1.jpeg

NICHOLAS SHAW

May 29, 2021, 1:54:43 AM5/29/21
to steve easterbrook, Gord Lamb, cal46
Steve
I just grab the impeller with nn pliers to pull it out once the cover is off. It can damage it but I’m not reusing it anyway.
Nick

Sent from my iPhone

On May 28, 2021, at 8:21 AM, Gord Lamb <gla...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Steve,

I bought a Sea Dog 660040-1 a couple years ago and it did the trick.

On Fri, 28 May 2021 at 09:36, Steve Easterbrook <sandsen...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, I’m having difficulty removing my raw water impeller, without removing the entire pump. I was wondering if anyone has found a suitable tool for this, on our Perkins diesel.
Cheers, Steve and Carol aboard ‘Sands-End’

Gordon
s/v Wanderlust

Gord Lamb

May 29, 2021, 12:59:53 PM5/29/21
to steve easterbrook, cal46
Well, if worse comes to worst you could always do an oil change at the same time, and remove the sensor.  Normally just unscrews, though you'll need some kind of thread sealant to reinstall.
--
Gordon
s/v Wanderlust

steve easterbrook