Morse engine control cable length in Original cal cruising 46

1 view

Edwin

Apr 1, 2020, 11:34:26 AM4/1/20
to ca...@googlegroups.com
Hello folks

After 5 years of keeping the replacement cable in my engine room, I finally managed to replaced the Morse 31’ red cable kill switch in my Cal Cruising 46
Because of work slowdown due to corona virus

In the process I noticed another problem: that the red cable, which controls the transmission (forward or reverse cable) from the outside helm gear shift, has been badly chafed and is hanging by a thread, though it still works
Perfectly fine. It needs to be replaced ASAP

My question is
Does anyone know how LONG this red Morse cable is (gear shifter cable)

It’s the cable from the outside gear shifter to the engine transmission which is located
In the rear of the boat (V drive )

Would appreciate any info and insight into the replacement procedure

Thanks in advance

Edwin
S/V Lahlia
Cal Cruising 46