Tachometer

NICHOLAS SHAW

Aug 9, 2021, 12:30:40 PM8/9/21
to cal46
Hi all. My tach is erratic sometimes it works other time, more lately it’s erratic. I’m considering a “Tiny Tach” that reads from an injector line but before I do I wondered if anyone else has a tach drive that looks like this and if that could be the problem or if it’s the actual instrument. What about replacing either or both the gauge and sender? What to get?
Thanks
Nick

Sent from my iPhone

chstephens99

Aug 9, 2021, 3:26:42 PM8/9/21
to cal46
Hi I have the same sender and the mechanic suggested replacing it first but I believe it is more expensive than the tiny Tach I put in. Fun to watch the Tiny Tach and the original. The tiny is rock solid and the original is all over the place.

The tiny is very small but readable. also keeps some information in history.

Charles