Cal cruising 46 owners

Ed

Jul 24, 2012, 1:03:10 AM7/24/12

Jul 24, 2012, 10:05:38 AM7/24/12

Jul 25, 2012, 10:01:00 PM7/25/12

Jul 26, 2012, 5:04:41 AM7/26/12
Cal 2-46 TEOTWAWKI
official home port: Annapolis, MD
current port: Oriental, NC

relaxinonboard

Jul 28, 2012, 4:57:56 AM7/28/12
to cal46
Just got an email from:

James <jimhu...@me.com>
Buying a boat in Thailand but can't figure out how to join our group.
Anyone that can help send him an email.

eb...@earthlink.net

Sep 4, 2012, 6:28:08 PM9/4/12
to ca...@googlegroups.com
Hello Edwin,
I have a '73 Cal 2-46 located in San Carlos, Mexico
Ernie

Ed

Dec 1, 2012, 6:57:25 PM12/1/12
to relaxinonboard, cal46

Brand new never used, never been turned on, partially (1/3 finished) installed in a cal 46 boat ,
marine BOAT HEATER PROHEAT MODEL XL-900, been in the boat several years

All aluminum. Nothing to rust
Have lots of installation accessories like hoses vents pumps thermostat etc

Comes with original manual and enclosure

Originally these North American made products sell for several thousands

12V system. Showroom new and condition
Model XL-900
Location Marina del Rey CA
Pick up only

Edwm...@gmail.com

  • Location: Marina del Rey CA
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Sent from my iPad

Ed

Dec 22, 2012, 4:55:18 PM12/22/12
to relaxinonboard, cal46

rickdunbar53

Oct 9, 2017, 3:03:28 PM10/9/17
to cal46
Rick and Judy Dunbar, new owners of a 1974 Cal 246, S/V AKIA, currently moored in Tacoma, Wa. The vessel was named Bright Water before we purchased her from the previous owners who did a major refit of her in 2012.

Alfred Bloch

Oct 9, 2017, 6:09:10 PM10/9/17
to rickdunbar53, cal46, Dirk Stoehr,
Hi Rick:

Alfred here. I do not have Edwin's email, so please forward this to him.

S/V ARIEL
Cal 46 Mk III

Berthed at Marina Del Rey, CA

Owners:  Dirk I Stoehr
                <dirks...@yahoo.com>

                Alfred M Bloch, MD
                <alfred...@gmail.com>

Thanks,

Alfred
PS:  Dirk has access to hull number.

edwmama

Aug 21, 2020, 3:26:06 PM8/21/20
to cal46

Hello

I am a cal cruising 46 (original lapworth design)  sailboat owner berth here in Marina del Rey
Esprit marina

A crew member on our last Catalina trip has asked if there’s anyway I can install a grab handle on the ceiling of the
Main saloon so that the trip to the aft head is a little more stable and “safer”

There is a large square hatch almost in the middle of this main saloon of the original cruising layout

I am wondering what if anyone has installed any pipes or teak grab handles on the ceiling

And if so, how where and what type, and would appreciate some pix and inputs

Thank you

Edwin
S/V Lahlia
Cal Cruising 46
MdR

edwin matias

Aug 25, 2020, 11:39:34 PM8/25/20
to cal46
Hello fellow Cal crusind 46 owners

How did you put a water level gage?

Water tanks invisible

Located below main saloon

Edwin

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "cal46" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cal46/c10263ca-3cd0-4b8f-8f5e-cd468c2877ecn%40googlegroups.com.

Phil Rink

Aug 26, 2020, 12:46:20 AM8/26/20
to cal46, edwin matias
We ran sight tubes off the drain line from each tank. Each sight tube needs a valve so air isn't sucked into the pump. The sight tubes were in the engine room and were taller than the side deck fill flanges.

Aug 26, 2020, 9:01:48 AM8/26/20
to ca...@googlegroups.com, edw...@gmail.com
Hello All,
Good question on water tank levels. We have three water tanks, two stainless and one poly, and they all feed into each other. We just (pain) shine  a flash lite  onto the poly tank and can roughly calculate by sight.

Steve and Carol Easterbrook
“Sands-End” Cal 2-46, 1976
San Diego

edwin matias

Aug 26, 2020, 9:44:58 AM8/26/20
to Steve Easterbrook, cal46
Hi all

Thanks  for all the inputs

My hull 5 original.cruising 46 has two stainless steal tanks each holding 90 gallons. They are located underneath  the floor boards of the main saloon

Theres no opening on the floorboard so to access i will have to make an incision
On the floor to have access

However I can  visualize a small portion of
Each tank from the bilge just forward of the aft head

How does putting a simple no electric tube
Work?  Pardon my ignorance

BTW my two tanks (starboard and port)
Are Interconnected

Thanks in advance