SONG: Fly a Kite

John Braner

Jun 20, 2018, 10:43:18 AM6/20/18

I've got a new song out. It's called "Fly a Kite" - you can check it
out here:
https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13742836

It's my first Reaper song ;-)
It features the usual suspects:
Superior Drummer
some Kontakt stuff
MODO Bass
real Strat and Tele - with amp sims

Please have a listen if you have time ;-)

Don't forget - CDs (including my newest one "Pull the Other One")
are also available at https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
and all the normal streaming services.

--
===========
John Braner

https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner

John Braner

Jun 21, 2018, 4:42:36 AM6/21/18
On 20/06/2018 15:48, Glennbo wrote:
> In news:pgdp65$due$1...@dont-email.me the killer robot John Braner
> <m...@myhouse.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio
> and pressed these buttons...
>
>> I've got a new song out. It's called "Fly a Kite" - you can check it
>> out here:
>> https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13742836
>>
>> It's my first Reaper song ;-)
>> It features the usual suspects:
>> Superior Drummer
>> some Kontakt stuff
>> MODO Bass
>> real Strat and Tele - with amp sims
>>
>> Please have a listen if you have time ;-)
>
> Really like the intro. Real smooth finally getting to the groove.
>
> The bass sounds pretty convincing too.
>
> I've been playing with the pre-pre Linux version of "R" and have been
> real surprised at it's performance. Not as high as it is in Windows, but
> certainly usable if one had to use it like that. Functionally, it works
> almost identically to the Windows version, so no learning curve there.

Hi G'bo - thanks a lot for listening. I'm really liking the MODO Bass ;-)

R in linux will be cool, but I think the lack of plugins will be a problem - especially since all my
favorite "instuments" are plugins.

polymod

Jun 22, 2018, 8:20:48 AM6/22/18

"John Braner" wrote in message news:pgdp65$due$1...@dont-email.me...

Hi,

I've got a new song out. It's called "Fly a Kite" - you can check it
out here:
https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13742836

It's my first Reaper song ;-)
It features the usual suspects:
Superior Drummer
some Kontakt stuff
MODO Bass
real Strat and Tele - with amp sims

Please have a listen if you have time ;-)

Really dug this one John. Seemed to pick up steam as the song rolls along.

Good job!

Poly

---

John Braner

Jul 9, 2018, 5:19:27 AM7/9/18
Thanks a lot for listening Poly.
Sorry for the late reply - I've been in the hospital for a while with a stomach problem. I'm home
now, and an the mend ;-)

John Braner

Jul 9, 2018, 5:21:01 AM7/9/18
On 21/06/2018 17:47, Glennbo wrote:
> In news:pgfodr$a6g$1...@dont-email.me the killer robot John Braner
> <m...@myhouse.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio
> and pressed these buttons...

>>> Really like the intro. Real smooth finally getting to the groove.
>>>
>>> The bass sounds pretty convincing too.
>>>
>>> I've been playing with the pre-pre Linux version of "R" and have been
>>> real surprised at it's performance. Not as high as it is in Windows,
>>> but certainly usable if one had to use it like that. Functionally, it
>>> works almost identically to the Windows version, so no learning curve
>>> there.
>>>

>> Hi G'bo - thanks a lot for listening. I'm really liking the MODO Bass
>> ;-)
>>
>> R in linux will be cool, but I think the lack of plugins will be a
>> problem - especially since all my favorite "instuments" are plugins.
>
> That bass sound caught my ear right away!
>
> I'm going to do some experimenting using WINE in Linux to run Windows based
> VST/VSTi plugins. I've read that some folks have even successfully
> activated commercial plugs like this. I'm doing it mostly for fun, but also
> to see just how far it can be taken. If there were a native VST/VSTi bridge
> of some sort, I could see it becoming a viable platform.

I'd just stick to Windows ;-)

polymod

Jul 9, 2018, 8:25:12 AM7/9/18

"John Braner" wrote in message news:phv9av$il3$1...@dont-email.me...

On 22/06/2018 13:20, polymod wrote:

> "John Braner" wrote in message news:pgdp65$due$1...@dont-email.me...
> Hi,
>
> I've got a new song out. It's called "Fly a Kite" - you can check it
> out here:
> https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13742836
>
> It's my first Reaper song ;-)
> It features the usual suspects:
> Superior Drummer
> some Kontakt stuff
> MODO Bass
> real Strat and Tele - with amp sims
>
> Please have a listen if you have time ;-)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> Really dug this one John. Seemed to pick up steam as the song rolls along.
>
> Good job!
>
> Poly
>
> ---

Thanks a lot for listening Poly.
Sorry for the late reply - I've been in the hospital for a while with a
stomach problem. I'm home
now, and an the mend ;-)

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Poly

John Braner

Jul 10, 2018, 5:29:24 AM7/10/18
On 09/07/2018 14:23, Glennbo wrote:
> In news:phvk77$ijg$1...@dont-email.me the killer robot "polymod"
> <pol...@optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> What Larry said! I once had digestive issues that landed me in an ER about
> twenty years ago, and I remember it was no fun. Get well soon John.

Thanks a lot guys.
You're quite right - it was no fun. They stuck a tube down and pulled out 3.5 liters of "stuff" from
my stomach!!

Anyway - I'm getting there - it's just taking a while. I lost a lot of weight (don't have a scale,
so don't know how much) - so I'm trying to fatten up a bit, and build up some strength.

as soon as I can handle a few beers - that will get the calories rolling in! ;-)

John Braner

Jul 11, 2018, 8:33:19 AM7/11/18

> Hope you get back to beer drinking health soon! :-)

Thanks - me too! ;-)

Max Arwood

Jul 14, 2018, 11:03:33 AM7/14/18
Wow that's really nice. The mix is really good. I love that synth thing.
Very cool. Just curious - How many tracks is this one. Also, which drum
set did you use in Superior?

Max Arwood

Max Arwood

Jul 14, 2018, 11:26:43 AM7/14/18
I forgot to ask S2 or S3?

Max

John Braner

Jul 17, 2018, 4:18:39 PM7/17/18
On 14/07/2018 16:03, Max Arwood wrote:
> Wow that's really nice.  The mix is really good. I love that synth thing. Very cool.  Just curious -
> How many tracks is this one.  Also, which drum set did you use in Superior?
>
> Max Arwood
>

> "John Braner"  wrote in message news:pgdp65$due$1...@dont-email.me...
>
> Hi,
>
> I've got a new song out. It's called "Fly a Kite" - you can check it
> out here:
> https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13742836
>
> It's my first Reaper song ;-)
> It features the usual suspects:
> Superior Drummer
> some Kontakt stuff
> MODO Bass
> real Strat and Tele - with amp sims
>
> Please have  a listen if you have time ;-)
>

> Don't forget - CDs (including my newest one "Pull the Other One")
> are also available at https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
> and all the normal streaming services.

Hi Max - thanks a lot for listening, and for your comments.

I'm using S3 now, and it's a Yamaha kit in the (S3) Rock foundry SDX.
I can't remember how many tracks it was - maybe 30-40 (with all the drums bounced to seperate tracks)

Max Arwood

Jul 18, 2018, 9:33:06 AM7/18/18
I am having a little trouble with kick / bass stuff. Do you ever duck the
bass with the kick?

John Braner

Jul 19, 2018, 5:03:56 AM7/19/18
On 18/07/2018 14:32, Max Arwood wrote:
> I am having a little trouble with kick / bass stuff.  Do you ever duck the bass with the kick?

Not really - I just use eq to try to keep them apart.

JB