SONG: Post Fact

John Braner

Oct 5, 2016, 4:16:24 PM10/5/16

I've got another new one ready - for your listening pleasure (or not).
As usual, all feedback (good or bad) is gratefully accepted.

It's called "Post Fact"
and you can find it here:
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13461283

It features a few synth arpeggiators this time, plus the usual suspects:
Superior drums
Trilian Bass
Omnisphere
Arturia Minimoog
and a real strat and tele through S-Gear amps and Torpedo WOS III Cabinets

rgds,
--
===========
John Braner

http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner2
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner

Max

Oct 5, 2016, 4:55:03 PM10/5/16
Wow John! I know I have said this before, but, you songs have gone from
good to GREAT! I love this one. The synth loop - the mix everything!
Now I'm gonna need some lessons - and technics!
Max Arwood

"John Braner" <m...@myhouse.com> wrote in message

John Braner

Oct 6, 2016, 4:24:33 AM10/6/16
Hi Max,

Thanks alot for listening and for your comments!
I had a lot of fun with the arpeggiators ;-)

BobF

Oct 6, 2016, 8:25:43 AM10/6/16
On 10/5/2016 3:16 PM, John Braner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got another new one ready - for your listening pleasure (or not).
> As usual, all feedback (good or bad) is gratefully accepted.
>
> It's called "Post Fact"
> and you can find it here:
> http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13461283
>
> It features a few synth arpeggiators this time, plus the usual suspects:
> Superior drums
> Trilian Bass
> Omnisphere
> Arturia Minimoog
> and a real strat and tele through S-Gear amps and Torpedo WOS III Cabinets
>
> rgds,

John -

I love the whole of the instrumental parts of this tune. I hope the
voice clips don't anchor it in time and hold it back.

polymod

Oct 6, 2016, 9:06:46 AM10/6/16

"John Braner" wrote in message news:nt3n2n$gm$1...@news.albasani.net...

Hi,

I've got another new one ready - for your listening pleasure (or not).
As usual, all feedback (good or bad) is gratefully accepted.

It's called "Post Fact"
and you can find it here:
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13461283

It features a few synth arpeggiators this time, plus the usual suspects:
Superior drums
Trilian Bass
Omnisphere
Arturia Minimoog
and a real strat and tele through S-Gear amps and Torpedo WOS III Cabinets

Love it John! Rockin! LOVE the beefy guitar tones.
Great satire in the middle. Really cracked me up.

One of my favorites tunes of yours for sure!

Poly

John Braner

Oct 6, 2016, 11:10:21 AM10/6/16
Thanks for listening Bob. If something ever happens and this song outlives it's 15 minutes of fame -
I can easily ditch the vocals (and maybe put in a synth squelch or two).

John Braner

Oct 6, 2016, 11:11:22 AM10/6/16
Thanks a lot for listening Poly - and for the comments. I wasn't sure how the "vocals" would go
down... ;-)

John Braner

Oct 6, 2016, 11:12:36 AM10/6/16
On 06/10/2016 14:48, Glennbo wrote:
> In news:nt3n2n$gm$1...@news.albasani.net the killer robot John Braner
> <m...@myhouse.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and
> pressed these buttons...
>
>> I've got another new one ready - for your listening pleasure (or not).
>> As usual, all feedback (good or bad) is gratefully accepted.
>>
>> It's called "Post Fact"
>> and you can find it here:
>> http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13461283
>
> I thought you didn't like vocal songs John. <g>
>
> Cool tune.

Thanks for listening G'bo!
Well, I don't like *singing* vocals (except in certain cases) ;-)

Max

Oct 6, 2016, 1:04:25 PM10/6/16
"John Braner" <m...@myhouse.com> wrote in message
What version of Omnisphere do you have?
Max Arwood

John Braner

Oct 7, 2016, 4:42:30 AM10/7/16
It's Omnisphere 2 - but for what I do, ver 1 would be just as good ;-)

Dash

Oct 7, 2016, 10:15:45 PM10/7/16
On 10/5/2016 1:16 PM, John Braner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got another new one ready - for your listening pleasure (or not).
> As usual, all feedback (good or bad) is gratefully accepted.
>
> It's called "Post Fact"
> and you can find it here:
> http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13461283
>
> It features a few synth arpeggiators this time, plus the usual suspects:
> Superior drums
> Trilian Bass
> Omnisphere
> Arturia Minimoog
> and a real strat and tele through S-Gear amps and Torpedo WOS III Cabinets
>
> rgds,

Nice job John. What is a nice guy like you across the pond delving into
American politics? Never mind, rhetorical question. We all and who we
elect makes a huge difference on everyone on this small planet. I know
who I am definitely NOT going to vote for. You can guess though. <g>

Answer in the coffeehouse. NOT!!!

--
-

"Opinions are like ears, and most everyone has two of them and no two
ears are alike so what sounds one way to some might sound another way to
others. I call it the Earprint Principle." DR (That's me.)

John Braner

Oct 8, 2016, 5:08:27 AM10/8/16
On 08/10/2016 03:15, Dash wrote:
> On 10/5/2016 1:16 PM, John Braner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got another new one ready - for your listening pleasure (or not).
>> As usual, all feedback (good or bad) is gratefully accepted.
>>
>> It's called "Post Fact"
>> and you can find it here:
>> http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13461283
>>
>> It features a few synth arpeggiators this time, plus the usual suspects:
>> Superior drums
>> Trilian Bass
>> Omnisphere
>> Arturia Minimoog
>> and a real strat and tele through S-Gear amps and Torpedo WOS III Cabinets
>>
>> rgds,
>
> Nice job John. What is a nice guy like you across the pond delving into American politics? Never
> mind, rhetorical question. We all and who we elect makes a huge difference on everyone on this small
> planet. I know who I am definitely NOT going to vote for. You can guess though. <g>
>
> Answer in the coffeehouse. NOT!!!

Thanks a lot for listening dash!
The thing is - we have our own "Post Fact" environment that we're living in, here in the UK. It's
just that some of the examples from your side of the pond are a little more definitive of the Post
Fact era ;-)

It's not a statement about politics - as much as the fact that they seem to be able to say whatever
they want now - regardless of whether it's true, or makes sense - and people listen :-\

BobF

Oct 8, 2016, 8:45:52 AM10/8/16
What makes you so sure people listen?

Dash

Oct 8, 2016, 2:50:26 PM10/8/16
Gotcha +1

John Braner

Oct 9, 2016, 5:10:23 AM10/9/16
I'd be happy if they didn't listen ;-)

Here in the UK, the "Brexiteers" spouted blatant lies, and people just bought it, and repeated it
until it became "true".

We'll see what happens next...

John Braner

Oct 9, 2016, 5:11:50 AM10/9/16
On 08/10/2016 19:43, Glennbo wrote:
> In news:ntappg$4on$2...@dont-email.me the killer robot BobF
> <nos...@spam.can> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio
> and pressed these buttons...
>
> What was said, I missed it?

Things like "We're going to build a wall between the US and Mexico, and the Mexicans will pay for
it" ;-)

Stuff like that ;-)

BobF

Oct 9, 2016, 9:29:16 AM10/9/16
When pols spout stuff like that, most people I interact with respond
with, "Yeah, right ... whatever."

There has been soooo much hyperbole and bullshit in US politics for so
long that most of have it tuned out.

I hope that helps you get back a little bit of the faith you've lost in
us, John ;)

John Braner

Oct 10, 2016, 11:02:55 AM10/10/16

> When pols spout stuff like that, most people I interact with respond with, "Yeah, right ... whatever."

That is what I want to hear ;-)

> There has been soooo much hyperbole and bullshit in US politics for so long that most of have it
> tuned out.

It is exactly the same here in the UK.

> I hope that helps you get back a little bit of the faith you've lost in us, John ;)

See above - I haven't lost any more faith in your side of the pond (mind you, they do seem to be
stooping to new lows) than in ours.

It's all "Post Fact"...

John Braner

Oct 10, 2016, 11:04:58 AM10/10/16

> Plus, we already have an impenetrable barrier at the border. <g>
>
> http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/border/nogales-fence.jpg

see! So what is he harping on about? ;-)