New Song - Equinox

Glennbo

Apr 11, 2023, 9:38:59 PM4/11/23
A new song I sketched out on the Spring Equinox using my little purple 3/4 scale Ibanez miKro guitar. Then I added my Epiphone SG with a new B5 Bigsby whammy bar I just installed, along with bass and drums. On Easter Sunday I wrote all the lyrics and recorded the vocals.

Polymod is on Fender Rhodes and all the solo guitar parts.

This is a song about people trying to run other people's lives, rather than minding their own business. It's titled Equinox at:

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14576495
--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __

John Braner

Apr 12, 2023, 4:49:29 PM4/12/23
On 12/04/2023 02:38, Glennbo wrote:
> A new song I sketched out on the Spring Equinox using my little purple 3/4 scale Ibanez miKro
> guitar. Then I added my Epiphone SG with a new B5 Bigsby whammy bar I just installed, along with
> bass and drums. On Easter Sunday I wrote all the lyrics and recorded the vocals.
>
> Polymod is on Fender Rhodes and all the solo guitar parts.
>
> This is a song about people trying to run other people's lives, rather than minding their own
> business. It's titled Equinox at:
>
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14576495

Hey - it sounds good guys!
This reminds me of something straight out of the 70s - I can't think exactly what, maybe
Joe Walsh or someone like that.

Everything sounds good - nicely done ;-)

--
===========
John Braner

http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
https://johnbraner.bandcamp.com/
and all the major streaming/download sites.

polymod

Apr 12, 2023, 4:56:12 PM4/12/23

"John Braner" wrote in message news:u175gn$1tt2$1...@dont-email.me...

On 12/04/2023 02:38, Glennbo wrote:
> A new song I sketched out on the Spring Equinox using my little purple 3/4
> scale Ibanez miKro guitar. Then I added my Epiphone SG with a new B5
> Bigsby whammy bar I just installed, along with bass and drums. On Easter
> Sunday I wrote all the lyrics and recorded the vocals.
>
> Polymod is on Fender Rhodes and all the solo guitar parts.
>
> This is a song about people trying to run other people's lives, rather
> than minding their own business. It's titled Equinox at:
>
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14576495

Hey - it sounds good guys!
This reminds me of something straight out of the 70s - I can't think exactly
what, maybe
Joe Walsh or someone like that.

Everything sounds good - nicely done ;-)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

John, you hit the nail on the head.
I was trying my best to channel Joe Walsh...right down to using a slide for
the first lick!
Thanks bro!

Poly

Glennbo

Apr 12, 2023, 7:19:40 PM4/12/23
On 4/12/23 15:49, John Braner wrote:
> On 12/04/2023 02:38, Glennbo wrote:
>> A new song I sketched out on the Spring Equinox using my little purple 3/4 scale Ibanez miKro guitar. Then I added my Epiphone SG with a new B5 Bigsby whammy bar I just installed, along with bass and drums. On Easter Sunday I wrote all the lyrics and recorded the vocals.
>>
>> Polymod is on Fender Rhodes and all the solo guitar parts.
>>
>> This is a song about people trying to run other people's lives, rather than minding their own business. It's titled Equinox at:
>>
>> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14576495
>
> Hey - it sounds good guys!
> This reminds me of something straight out of the 70s - I can't think exactly what, maybe
> Joe Walsh or someone like that.
>
> Everything sounds good - nicely done 😉

Thanks John!

Poly riddled me on what guitar player he was channeling, and I lost. You on the other hand have won the contest, without even knowing that you were playing! <GGG>

Glennbo

Apr 12, 2023, 7:23:23 PM4/12/23
On 4/12/23 15:56, polymod wrote:
> "John Braner"  wrote in message news:u175gn$1tt2$1...@dont-email.me...
>
> On 12/04/2023 02:38, Glennbo wrote:
>> A new song I sketched out on the Spring Equinox using my little purple 3/4 scale Ibanez miKro guitar. Then I added my Epiphone SG with a new B5 Bigsby whammy bar I just installed, along with bass and drums. On Easter Sunday I wrote all the lyrics and recorded the vocals.
>>
>> Polymod is on Fender Rhodes and all the solo guitar parts.
>>
>> This is a song about people trying to run other people's lives, rather than minding their own business. It's titled Equinox at:
>>
>> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14576495
>
> Hey - it sounds good guys!
> This reminds me of something straight out of the 70s - I can't think exactly what, maybe
> Joe Walsh or someone like that.
>
> Everything sounds good - nicely done 😉
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> John, you hit the nail on the head.
> I was trying my best to channel Joe Walsh...right down to using a slide for the first lick!
> Thanks bro!

Hehe, John beat me and he didn't even get the clues I had to work with! <g>

John Braner

Apr 13, 2023, 4:31:52 AM4/13/23
On 13/04/2023 00:19, Glennbo wrote:
> On 4/12/23 15:49, John Braner wrote:
>> On 12/04/2023 02:38, Glennbo wrote:
>>> A new song I sketched out on the Spring Equinox using my little purple 3/4 scale Ibanez miKro
>>> guitar. Then I added my Epiphone SG with a new B5 Bigsby whammy bar I just installed, along with
>>> bass and drums. On Easter Sunday I wrote all the lyrics and recorded the vocals.
>>>
>>> Polymod is on Fender Rhodes and all the solo guitar parts.
>>>
>>> This is a song about people trying to run other people's lives, rather than minding their own
>>> business. It's titled Equinox at:
>>>
>>> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14576495
>>
>> Hey - it sounds good guys!
>> This reminds me of something straight out of the 70s - I can't think exactly what, maybe
>> Joe Walsh or someone like that.
>>
>> Everything sounds good - nicely done 😉
>
> Thanks John!
>
> Poly riddled me on what guitar player he was channeling, and I lost. You on the other hand have won
> the contest, without even knowing that you were playing!  <GGG>

That is so weird!
It just came to me out of the blue ;-)
It's not like I've listened to anything by Joe Walsh in the last 40 years...

polymod

Apr 13, 2023, 6:34:02 AM4/13/23

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:u17eh9$337g$2...@dont-email.me...

On 4/12/23 15:56, polymod wrote:
> "John Braner" wrote in message news:u175gn$1tt2$1...@dont-email.me...
>
> On 12/04/2023 02:38, Glennbo wrote:
>> A new song I sketched out on the Spring Equinox using my little purple
>> 3/4 scale Ibanez miKro guitar. Then I added my Epiphone SG with a new B5
>> Bigsby whammy bar I just installed, along with bass and drums. On Easter
>> Sunday I wrote all the lyrics and recorded the vocals.
>>
>> Polymod is on Fender Rhodes and all the solo guitar parts.
>>
>> This is a song about people trying to run other people's lives, rather
>> than minding their own business. It's titled Equinox at:
>>
>> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14576495
>
> Hey - it sounds good guys!
> This reminds me of something straight out of the 70s - I can't think
> exactly what, maybe
> Joe Walsh or someone like that.
>
> Everything sounds good - nicely done 😉
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> John, you hit the nail on the head.
> I was trying my best to channel Joe Walsh...right down to using a slide
> for the first lick!
> Thanks bro!

Hehe, John beat me and he didn't even get the clues I had to work with! <g>

LOL!!!!

polymod

Apr 13, 2023, 6:35:30 AM4/13/23

On 4/12/23 15:56, polymod wrote:
> "John Braner" wrote in message news:u175gn$1tt2$1...@dont-email.me...
>
> On 12/04/2023 02:38, Glennbo wrote:
>> A new song I sketched out on the Spring Equinox using my little purple
>> 3/4 scale Ibanez miKro guitar. Then I added my Epiphone SG with a new B5
>> Bigsby whammy bar I just installed, along with bass and drums. On Easter
>> Sunday I wrote all the lyrics and recorded the vocals.
>>
>> Polymod is on Fender Rhodes and all the solo guitar parts.
>>
>> This is a song about people trying to run other people's lives, rather
>> than minding their own business. It's titled Equinox at:
>>
>> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14576495
>
> Hey - it sounds good guys!
> This reminds me of something straight out of the 70s - I can't think
> exactly what, maybe
> Joe Walsh or someone like that.
>
> Everything sounds good - nicely done 😉
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> John, you hit the nail on the head.
> I was trying my best to channel Joe Walsh...right down to using a slide
> for the first lick!
> Thanks bro!

Hehe, John beat me and he didn't even get the clues I had to work with! <g>

LOL!!!!

Glennbo

Apr 13, 2023, 12:01:37 PM4/13/23
On 4/13/23 03:31, John Braner wrote:
> On 13/04/2023 00:19, Glennbo wrote:

>>> Hey - it sounds good guys!
>>> This reminds me of something straight out of the 70s - I can't think exactly what, maybe
>>> Joe Walsh or someone like that.
>>>
>>> Everything sounds good - nicely done 😉
>>
>> Thanks John!
>>
>> Poly riddled me on what guitar player he was channeling, and I lost. You on the other hand have won the contest, without even knowing that you were playing!  <GGG>
>>

> That is so weird!
> It just came to me out of the blue 😉
> It's not like I've listened to anything by Joe Walsh in the last 40 years...

I have James Gang Rides Again digitized on my DAW, and fire it up to play drums with now and again.

The bomber is a fun one to play on drums. :)

Max Arwood

May 11, 2023, 7:08:21 AM5/11/23
"Glennbo" wrote in message news:u1523g$2offr$1...@dont-email.me...
I couldn't figure out what that reminded me of. I guess
it's been years since I listened to any Joe Walsh in years!
Nice song. once Poly said it that Joe Walsh sound popped
in my mind. Great Walsh stylization!
Max Arwood

Glennbo

May 12, 2023, 1:27:49 PM5/12/23
On 5/11/23 06:07, Max Arwood wrote:
> "Glennbo"  wrote in message news:u1523g$2offr$1...@dont-email.me...
>
> A new song I sketched out on the Spring Equinox using my little purple 3/4 scale Ibanez miKro guitar. Then I added my Epiphone SG with a new B5 Bigsby whammy bar I just installed, along with bass and drums. On Easter Sunday I wrote all the lyrics and recorded the vocals.
>
> Polymod is on Fender Rhodes and all the solo guitar parts.
>
> This is a song about people trying to run other people's lives, rather than minding their own business. It's titled Equinox at:
>
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14576495

> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> I couldn't figure out what that reminded me of. I guess
> it's been years since I listened to any Joe Walsh in years!
> Nice song. once Poly said it that Joe Walsh sound popped
> in my mind. Great Walsh stylization!

Thanks Max. When Poly mentioned the Joe Walsh inspiration, I remembered that at 2:58, thinking my bass line sounded pretty similar to the synth bass in the middle of Joe Walsh's "Life's been good".

Poly's guitar parts were all excellent! :)

polymod

May 13, 2023, 3:12:19 PM5/13/23

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:u3lss9$1p06u$1...@dont-email.me...

>Poly's guitar parts were all excellent! :)

Why thank you!
Song is pretty excellent also!

Poly

polymod

May 13, 2023, 3:13:21 PM5/13/23

"polymod" wrote in message news:u3onac$2akde$1...@dont-email.me...

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:u3lss9$1p06u$1...@dont-email.me...

>Poly's guitar parts were all excellent! :)

Why thank you!
Song is pretty excellent also!

As is your drumming/guitar playing/bass playing!

Glennbo

May 13, 2023, 3:35:27 PM5/13/23
On 5/13/23 14:10, polymod wrote:

> "polymod"  wrote in message news:u3onac$2akde$1...@dont-email.me...
>

> "Glennbo"  wrote in message news:u3lss9$1p06u$1...@dont-email.me...
>> Poly's guitar parts were all excellent!  :)
>
> Why thank you!
> Song is pretty excellent also!
>
> As is your drumming/guitar playing/bass playing!

Thanks Poly.

It's been up more than a month, and still sitting at #4 in Avant Rock.

https://www.soundclick.com/music/charts.cfm?genreID=12&subgenreID=29

Interestingly enough, the #1 on that chart today is an ancient 1975 song my buddy "Tar Nation" recorded at his apartment when we used to use his bass case for a bass drum, and his GE Deluxe Toaster Oven as a snare drum. That's why the drums sound so crappy. He had me import the old music tracks, but the vocals were re-done in REAPER.

polymod

May 14, 2023, 12:59:58 PM5/14/23

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:u3oomn$2aohk$1...@dont-email.me...

On 5/13/23 14:10, polymod wrote:

> "polymod" wrote in message news:u3onac$2akde$1...@dont-email.me...
>

> "Glennbo" wrote in message news:u3lss9$1p06u$1...@dont-email.me...
>> Poly's guitar parts were all excellent! :)
>
> Why thank you!
> Song is pretty excellent also!
>
> As is your drumming/guitar playing/bass playing!

Thanks Poly.

It's been up more than a month, and still sitting at #4 in Avant Rock.

https://www.soundclick.com/music/charts.cfm?genreID=12&subgenreID=29

Interestingly enough, the #1 on that chart today is an ancient 1975 song my
buddy "Tar Nation" recorded at his apartment when we used to use his bass
case for a bass drum, and his GE Deluxe Toaster Oven as a snare drum. That's
why the drums sound so crappy. He had me import the old music tracks, but
the vocals were re-done in REAPER.

That's pretty cool....and a cool tune. The drums kinda fit the vibe!

Poly

Glennbo

May 15, 2023, 11:17:18 AM5/15/23
On 5/14/23 11:58, polymod wrote:

> "Glennbo"  wrote in message news:u3oomn$2aohk$1...@dont-email.me...
>
> On 5/13/23 14:10, polymod wrote:
>>

>> "polymod"  wrote in message news:u3onac$2akde$1...@dont-email.me...
>>

>> "Glennbo"  wrote in message news:u3lss9$1p06u$1...@dont-email.me...
>>> Poly's guitar parts were all excellent!  😄
>>
>> Why thank you!
>> Song is pretty excellent also!
>>
>> As is your drumming/guitar playing/bass playing!
>
> Thanks Poly.
>
> It's been up more than a month, and still sitting at #4 in Avant Rock.
>
> https://www.soundclick.com/music/charts.cfm?genreID=12&subgenreID=29
>
> Interestingly enough, the #1 on that chart today is an ancient 1975 song my buddy "Tar Nation" recorded at his apartment when we used to use his bass case for a bass drum, and his GE Deluxe Toaster Oven as a snare drum. That's why the drums sound so crappy. He had me import the old music tracks, but the vocals were re-done in REAPER.
>

> That's pretty cool....and a cool tune. The drums kinda fit the vibe!

Tar had a Dokoder 4-Track reel-to-reel several years before I bought my first multi-track, so we'd record at his apartment, and since there weren't any digital drums back then, we used bass case and toaster oven for drums. Not that much different than using a cahone for drums today though.

Glennbo

May 17, 2023, 10:18:28 AM5/17/23
On 5/16/23 10:40, polymod wrote:

> "Glennbo"  wrote in message news:u406i2$7rc9$1...@dont-email.me...
>

>>> Reminds me of the first song I composed which was on the accordion. My buddy wanted to be a drummer and bought a pair of drumsticks which he used on the couch in his basement. Gave a good omph >>opmh sound!
>
>> I'll bet it sounded great. Doesn't have to be actual drums to play a rhythm or part that compliments the other music going on. Did you know that what sounds like a conga on the Brian Wilson song "Caroline >No" is actually Hal Blaine playing an empty plastic "Sparklettes" water bottle from the cooler in the studio? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w7ZeSIC6K0
>
> Yes I do know that! I've always been a big Hal Blaine fan.

When I was 11 years old I got the "Have Fun, Play Drums" album by Hal Blaine. Many years later I found out how many of my favorite songs he was playing drums on with the Wrecking Crew.

> Hey, use what you got!

When the band I was touring with in the 70s got booked on a cruise ship, we stopped in Trinidad and saw a really great 20 or so member steel drum band. Talking to some of the players, they told me how they hand hammered their steel drums out of 50 gallon oil drums. They also had one guy who played a brake drum from a car, and it sounded great.

> I'll have to dig up an old Radio Piece III tune where all of us played various utensils/pots/pans on a "rhythm track"!

I've always said that if you can hit it and it makes a noise, then it's fair game as a percussion instrument.

polymod

May 18, 2023, 6:42:23 AM5/18/23

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:u42nj1$3t4qf$1...@dont-email.me...

>When I was 11 years old I got the "Have Fun, Play Drums" album by Hal
>Blaine. Many years later I found out how many of my favorite songs he was
>playing drums on with the Wrecking Crew.

There's a guy on a local station they call "The Music Professor". He does a
show every Saturday morning that features one particular artist.
A couple of weeks ago they did Hal Blaine. Over 4 hours of music, all with
him on drums.
One thing that cracked me up:
He played on the song "Love Will Keep Us Together" and never heard the
vocals until finding out he won a Grammy for playing on the tune. He had no
idea!!!!

Glennbo

May 18, 2023, 12:33:08 PM5/18/23
On 5/18/23 05:41, polymod wrote:
>> When I was 11 years old I got the "Have Fun, Play Drums" album by Hal Blaine. Many years later I found out how many of my favorite songs he was playing drums on with the Wrecking Crew.
>
> There's a guy on a local station they call "The Music Professor". He does a show every Saturday morning that features one particular artist.
> A couple of weeks ago they did Hal Blaine. Over 4 hours of music, all with him on drums.
> One thing that cracked me up:
> He played on the song "Love Will Keep Us Together" and never heard the vocals until finding out he won a Grammy for playing on the tune. He had no idea!!!!

That's too funny! I love music trivia.

Did you know the Captain used to play keys for the Beach Boys, and Mike Love gave him his nickname?

m...@arwoodsnospamjewelry.com

May 19, 2023, 2:00:45 AM5/19/23
"polymod" wrote in message news:u44vc0$8baq$1...@dont-email.me...
++++++++++ this was not rescanned open if you want++++++++++
I love this kind of stuff so funny!!
Max Arwood

m...@arwoodsnospamjewelry.com

May 19, 2023, 2:01:17 AM5/19/23
"Glennbo" wrote in message news:u45jts$aovg$1...@dont-email.me...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thanks - Didn't know that either.
Max Arwood

polymod

May 19, 2023, 6:29:13 AM5/19/23

On 5/18/23 05:41, polymod wrote:
>> When I was 11 years old I got the "Have Fun, Play Drums" album by Hal
>> Blaine. Many years later I found out how many of my favorite songs he was
>> playing drums on with the Wrecking Crew.
>
> There's a guy on a local station they call "The Music Professor". He does
> a show every Saturday morning that features one particular artist.
> A couple of weeks ago they did Hal Blaine. Over 4 hours of music, all with
> him on drums.
> One thing that cracked me up:
> He played on the song "Love Will Keep Us Together" and never heard the
> vocals until finding out he won a Grammy for playing on the tune. He had
> no idea!!!!

That's too funny! I love music trivia.

Did you know the Captain used to play keys for the Beach Boys, and Mike Love
gave him his nickname?

Of course!!!!