Re-Worked song from 2002

Glennbo

Feb 18, 2024, 3:01:02 PMFeb 18
In another thread, on another forum, bringing old midi tracks back to life with newer, better sounding virtual instruments was being discussed, which got me looking at some old projects.

I dug up this old gem that I recorded in 2002 using Sonar and my hardware V-Drums. I ported the audio tracks and midi drum track into REAPER, and then setup Superior Drummer to play the midi drum track that was originally V-Drums hardware sounds.

I had just bought my 5-String OLP StingRay bass, and recorded bass, guitar and drums. Then I had Joey Larsen come over and lay a couple of solo guitar tracks.

The new re-worked version of this song "Altitude" is here:

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14732029
--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __

John Braner

Feb 20, 2024, 7:34:54 AMFeb 20
On 18/02/2024 20:00, Glennbo wrote:
> In another thread, on another forum, bringing old midi tracks back to life with newer, better
> sounding virtual instruments was being discussed, which got me looking at some old projects.
>
> I dug up this old gem that I recorded in 2002 using Sonar and my hardware V-Drums. I ported the
> audio tracks and midi drum track into REAPER, and then setup Superior Drummer to play the midi drum
> track that was originally V-Drums hardware sounds.
>
> I had just bought my 5-String OLP StingRay bass, and recorded bass, guitar and drums. Then I had
> Joey Larsen come over and lay a couple of solo guitar tracks.
>
> The new re-worked version of this song "Altitude" is here:
>
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14732029

Sounds good!
This certainly doesn't sound outdated in any way - it could have been freshly made today ;-)

--
===========
John Braner

http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
https://johnbraner.bandcamp.com/
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Glennbo

Feb 20, 2024, 12:41:29 PMFeb 20
On 2/20/24 06:34, John Braner wrote:
> On 18/02/2024 20:00, Glennbo wrote:
>> In another thread, on another forum, bringing old midi tracks back to life with newer, better sounding virtual instruments was being discussed, which got me looking at some old projects.
>>
>> I dug up this old gem that I recorded in 2002 using Sonar and my hardware V-Drums. I ported the audio tracks and midi drum track into REAPER, and then setup Superior Drummer to play the midi drum track that was originally V-Drums hardware sounds.
>>
>> I had just bought my 5-String OLP StingRay bass, and recorded bass, guitar and drums. Then I had Joey Larsen come over and lay a couple of solo guitar tracks.
>>
>> The new re-worked version of this song "Altitude" is here:
>>
>> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14732029
>

> Sounds good!
> This certainly doesn't sound outdated in any way - it could have been freshly made today 😉

Thanks John! :)

polymod

Feb 20, 2024, 3:04:33 PMFeb 20

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:uqtnls$1e0fj$1...@dont-email.me...

In another thread, on another forum, bringing old midi tracks back to life
with newer, better sounding virtual instruments was being discussed, which
got me looking at some old projects.

I dug up this old gem that I recorded in 2002 using Sonar and my hardware
V-Drums. I ported the audio tracks and midi drum track into REAPER, and then
setup Superior Drummer to play the midi drum track that was originally
V-Drums hardware sounds.

I had just bought my 5-String OLP StingRay bass, and recorded bass, guitar
and drums. Then I had Joey Larsen come over and lay a couple of solo guitar
tracks.

The new re-worked version of this song "Altitude" is here:

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14732029

Nice! Intro reminds me of Talking Heads....in a good way that is!
Great playing all around and a great mix. Nice guitar tone by the late great
JL.

Poly

Glennbo

Feb 21, 2024, 10:33:50 AMFeb 21
Thanks Larry! I almost traded in the bass on this for a dual humbucker Sterling by Ernie Ball StingRay, but after doing some research I found out that the magnet pull from the extra pickup, and the effect of the extra cavity for the second pickup drastically affect the tone and sustain.

Guess I'll have to find something else to buy! <GGG>