SONG: Rings of Sauterne

John Braner

Jan 15, 2024, 10:14:02 AMJan 15

I don't know if anyone is still around here but...

I've got a new song out. It's called "Rings of Sauterne" - you can check it out
here:
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14713131

It features the usual suspects:
Real guitars
Superior Drummer
MODO Bass
misc synths and Kontakt bleeps and bloops

If you feel like listening, please feel free to let me know what you think.

Rgds,

--
===========
John Braner

http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
https://johnbraner.bandcamp.com/
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Glennbo

Jan 15, 2024, 10:55:33 AMJan 15
On 1/15/24 09:13, John Braner wrote:
> I don't know if anyone is still around here but...

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not here. <GGG>

> I've got a new song out. It's called "Rings of Sauterne" - you can check it out
> here:
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14713131
>
> It features the usual suspects:
> Real guitars
> Superior Drummer
> MODO Bass
> misc synths and Kontakt bleeps and bloops
>
> If you feel like listening, please feel free to let me know what you think.

Hey John, your new song sounds great. I like the change with the organ, and the later one with the metallic stuff before the static scratch. Very imaginative, and you are getting real believable with the virtual drums, having fills that sound legit, and in the spots where a real drummer would use them.

--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __

John Braner

Jan 16, 2024, 4:49:59 AMJan 16
On 15/01/2024 15:54, Glennbo wrote:
> On 1/15/24 09:13, John Braner wrote:
>> I don't know if anyone is still around here but...
>
> I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not here. <GGG>
>
>> I've got a new song out. It's called "Rings of Sauterne" - you can check it out
>> here:
>> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14713131
>>
>> It features the usual suspects:
>> Real guitars
>> Superior Drummer
>> MODO Bass
>> misc synths and Kontakt bleeps and bloops
>>
>> If you feel like listening, please feel free to let me know what you think.
>
> Hey John, your new song sounds great. I like the change with the organ, and the later one with the
> metallic stuff before the static scratch. Very imaginative, and you are getting real believable with
> the virtual drums, having fills that sound legit, and in the spots where a real drummer would use them.

Hi G'bo - I'm glad you're still here ;-)

Thanks for the compliments re: the drum parts. I do spend a lot of time with them, so it's nice to
hear that an actual drummer thinks they sound good ;-)

Glennbo

Jan 16, 2024, 9:12:01 AMJan 16
On 1/16/24 03:49, John Braner wrote:
> On 15/01/2024 15:54, Glennbo wrote:
>> On 1/15/24 09:13, John Braner wrote:
>>> I don't know if anyone is still around here but...
>>
>> I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not here. <GGG>
>>
>>> I've got a new song out. It's called "Rings of Sauterne" - you can check it out
>>> here:
>>> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14713131
>>>
>>> It features the usual suspects:
>>> Real guitars
>>> Superior Drummer
>>> MODO Bass
>>> misc synths and Kontakt bleeps and bloops
>>>
>>> If you feel like listening, please feel free to let me know what you think.
>>
>> Hey John, your new song sounds great. I like the change with the organ, and the later one with the metallic stuff before the static scratch. Very imaginative, and you are getting real believable with the virtual drums, having fills that sound legit, and in the spots where a real drummer would use them.
>>

> Hi G'bo - I'm glad you're still here 😉

Since I have this group setup in Thunderbird, it gets checked every time I check my email. I haven't posted any new songs in a long time, mostly because I've been busy doing massive home improvement stuff, dealing with contractors, work crews, Etc.

> Thanks for the compliments re: the drum parts. I do spend a lot of time with them, so it's nice to hear that an actual drummer thinks they sound good 😉

I remember some of your older songs where the drums sounded like you just chunked some stock patterns onto the time line, but your last 3 or 4 have well organized drums that are a lot more believable.

polymod

Jan 16, 2024, 11:07:24 AMJan 16

"John Braner" wrote in message news:uo3i3n$vgca$1...@dont-email.me...

Hi,

I don't know if anyone is still around here but...

I've got a new song out. It's called "Rings of Sauterne" - you can check it
out
here:
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14713131

Yes, John Glennbo and I are still here<G>

Great tune man. Love the build up of the intro.
Would make a great backing track for a commercial.
This is what I call good music to play when driving.
Well done!

Poly

polymod

Jan 16, 2024, 11:08:37 AMJan 16

"polymod" wrote in message news:uo69jq$1gr7s$1...@dont-email.me...

>Yes, John Glennbo and I are still here<G>

...should have read "Yes John, Glennbo and I are still here. Don't want the
grammar police to throw me in the slammer <G>

Glennbo

Jan 16, 2024, 11:23:23 AMJan 16
On 1/16/24 10:08, polymod wrote:
>> Yes, John Glennbo and I are still here<G>

John Glennbo . . . Isn't he that astronaut guy? <G>

> ...should have read "Yes John, Glennbo and I are still here. Don't want the grammar police to throw me in the slammer <G>

I wouldn't, have noticed the comma being in, the wrong position if you, hadn't mentioned it.

Hehe, the above extra commas produce a cadence similar to that of a famous starship captain. ;)

John Braner

Jan 16, 2024, 4:25:29 PMJan 16
Thanks - I take the Toontrack "grooves" to start with, but I edit them *a lot* ;-)

John Braner

Jan 16, 2024, 4:28:56 PMJan 16
On 16/01/2024 16:07, polymod wrote:

> "John Braner"  wrote in message news:uo3i3n$vgca$1...@dont-email.me...
>
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if anyone is still around here but...
>

> I've got a new song out. It's called "Rings of Sauterne" - you can check it out
> here:
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14713131
>

> Yes, John Glennbo and I are still here<G>
>
> Great tune man. Love the build up of the intro.
> Would make a great backing track for a commercial.
> This is what I call good music to play when driving.
> Well done!
>
> Poly

Hi Poly,

well, I'm glad you guys are still around ;-)
I check a lot - but there haven't been many posts in a while.
I don't care where you put your commas btw - I knew what you meant ;-)

Thanks for listening though and for your comments. Maybe there should be a new genre for "driving
music" ;-)

Glennbo

Jan 16, 2024, 5:38:47 PMJan 16
On 1/16/24 15:25, John Braner wrote:

> Thanks - I take the Toontrack "grooves" to start with, but I edit them *a lot* 😉

And that is what I think has changed from your earlier music. Your editing makes the drums parts flow much better and sound less like using grooves.

Glennbo

Jan 16, 2024, 5:45:53 PMJan 16
On 1/16/24 15:28, John Braner wrote:
> Maybe there should be a new genre for "driving music" 😉

I always thought this song by Dixie Dreggs was great "Driving Music", and I guess they thought that too, since it's named "Cruise Control".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJuBFc4TbgU

polymod

Jan 17, 2024, 11:00:14 AMJan 17

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:uo6ahp$1gt90$1...@dont-email.me...

On 1/16/24 10:08, polymod wrote:
>> Yes, John Glennbo and I are still here<G>

John Glennbo . . . Isn't he that astronaut guy? <G>

> ...should have read "Yes John, Glennbo and I are still here. Don't want
> the grammar police to throw me in the slammer <G>

I wouldn't, have noticed the comma being in, the wrong position if you,
hadn't mentioned it.

Hehe, the above extra commas produce a cadence similar to that of a famous
starship captain. ;)

LOL!!!

Rink

Feb 11, 2024, 11:18:27 AMFeb 11
Op 15-1-2024 om 16:13 schreef John Braner:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if anyone is still around here but...
>

> I've got a new song out. It's called "Rings of Sauterne" - you can check
> it out
> here:
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14713131
>
> It features the usual suspects:
> Real guitars
> Superior Drummer
> MODO Bass
> misc synths and Kontakt bleeps and bloops
>
> If you feel like listening, please feel free to let me know what you think.
>
> Rgds,

Hmmm,
I was not allowed to listen to Rings of Sauterne on your link.
But I clicked on your name and got here:
https://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner

And now I can listen to Rings of Sauterne with 92 other songs.

Great song!
I like the changes at 2:38 and 2:55.

Rink
(yes, I'm also still "around here", but mostly once a month)

John Braner

Feb 13, 2024, 5:07:36 AMFeb 13
Hi Rink - it's good to have you around ;-)
I don't know why the link didn't work the first time - it just goes directly to the song :-\
But you got there in the end - so thanks for listening - and I'm glad you liked it ;-)