Tap Tap Tap . . . Is this thing on

Glennbo

Jan 27, 2023, 5:08:53 PM1/27/23
Well this server is working so, three guitars, bass, drums, and vocals.

https://www.soundclick.com/music/son...ongID=14544576

I'm playing all the instruments and singing all the vocals. The instruments consist of 12-String electric guitar, acoustic guitar, 6-String electric guitar, 5-String bass, and acoustic drums.

--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __

John Braner

Jan 30, 2023, 6:06:39 AM1/30/23
On 27/01/2023 22:08, Glennbo wrote:
> Well this server is working so, three guitars, bass, drums, and vocals.
>
> https://www.soundclick.com/music/son...ongID=14544576
>
> I'm playing all the instruments and singing all the vocals. The instruments consist of 12-String
> electric guitar, acoustic guitar, 6-String electric guitar, 5-String bass, and acoustic drums.

testing 1...... 2...... 3.......

That link doesn't work - is it this one?
https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=5672

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14544576

Anyway, it's a nice "poppy" song ;-)
I picture this playing on a movie credits, either at the very beginning or the end of a movie ;-)

--
===========
John Braner

http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
https://johnbraner.bandcamp.com/
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Glennbo

Jan 30, 2023, 12:02:56 PM1/30/23
On 1/30/23 05:06, John Braner wrote:
>> Well this server is working so, three guitars, bass, drums, and vocals.
>>
>> https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14544576
>>
>> I'm playing all the instruments and singing all the vocals. The instruments consist of 12-String electric guitar, acoustic guitar, 6-String electric guitar, 5-String bass, and acoustic drums.
>>

> testing 1...... 2...... 3.......
>
> That link doesn't work - is it this one?
> https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=5672
>
> https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14544576

Yeah, my link got abbreviated from copying it off the screen.

Thanks for the correction.

> Anyway, it's a nice "poppy" song 😉
> I picture this playing on a movie credits, either at the very beginning or the end of a movie 😉

Thanks John. It gave me another opportunity to use the old Dean Boca 12-String. :)

https://sclkssl.ssl.hwcdn.net/88/imgpages/5/4/45205_801574.jpg

John Braner

Jan 31, 2023, 7:15:16 AM1/31/23
On 30/01/2023 17:02, Glennbo wrote:
> On 1/30/23 05:06, John Braner wrote:
>>> Well this server is working so, three guitars, bass, drums, and vocals.
>>>
>>> https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14544576
>>>
>>> I'm playing all the instruments and singing all the vocals. The instruments consist of 12-String
>>> electric guitar, acoustic guitar, 6-String electric guitar, 5-String bass, and acoustic drums.
>>>

>> testing 1...... 2...... 3.......
>>
>> That link doesn't work - is it this one?
>> https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=5672
>>
>> https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14544576
>
> Yeah, my link got abbreviated from copying it off the screen.
>
> Thanks for the correction.
>
>> Anyway, it's a nice "poppy" song 😉
>> I picture this playing on a movie credits, either at the very beginning or the end of a movie 😉
>
> Thanks John. It gave me another opportunity to use the old Dean Boca 12-String. :)
>
> https://sclkssl.ssl.hwcdn.net/88/imgpages/5/4/45205_801574.jpg

Yeah - the 12 string sounds good ;-)

Glennbo

Jan 31, 2023, 11:02:33 AM1/31/23
On 1/31/23 06:15, John Braner wrote:

>>> testing 1...... 2...... 3.......
>>>
>>> That link doesn't work - is it this one?
>>> https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=5672
>>>
>>> https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14544576
>>
>> Yeah, my link got abbreviated from copying it off the screen.
>>
>> Thanks for the correction.
>>
>>> Anyway, it's a nice "poppy" song 😉
>>> I picture this playing on a movie credits, either at the very beginning or the end of a movie 😉
>>
>> Thanks John. It gave me another opportunity to use the old Dean Boca 12-String. 😄
>>
>> https://sclkssl.ssl.hwcdn.net/88/imgpages/5/4/45205_801574.jpg
>>

> Yeah - the 12 string sounds good 😉

Tanks mon! I bought that guitar for myself for Christmas 1999, and it got delivered on Christmas eve at 7:30pm. I was mentally prepared to have no new shiny guitar until a few days after Christmas, but UPS saved the day! :)

polymod

Jan 31, 2023, 5:00:21 PM1/31/23

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:tr1i1i$1salb$1...@dont-email.me...

Well this server is working so, three guitars, bass, drums, and vocals.

https://www.soundclick.com/music/son...ongID=14544576

I'm playing all the instruments and singing all the vocals. The instruments
consist of 12-String electric guitar, acoustic guitar, 6-String electric
guitar, 5-String bass, and acoustic drums.

Excellent!!!!

I really like the organic, sparse instrumentation. It really makes
everything so clear in the mix.

Nice job....great tune.

Poly

Glennbo

Jan 31, 2023, 8:50:57 PM1/31/23
On 1/31/23 16:00, polymod wrote:
> Excellent!!!!
>
> I really like the organic, sparse instrumentation. It really makes everything so clear in the mix.
>
> Nice job....great tune.

Thanks Larry! The 12 and 6-String electrics are hard left and hard right, and the acoustic is dead center with the bass, so they each have some space to themselves.

BTW, I bought a StewMac fret file and learned how to fix fret sprouts on my new 3/4 scale Ibanez. When I first got the guitar, the sides of the neck felt smooth, but with the heat running a lot, it dried out the wood in the neck such that the frets sticking out a little was starting to bug me. I think the neck was still slightly green and is now cured. Anyway, a little $30 fret file with an hour of my time, and it feels like a more expensive guitar now. Glassy smooth. :)

polymod

Feb 1, 2023, 6:41:02 AM2/1/23

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:trcghv$26qf$1...@dont-email.me...

On 1/31/23 16:00, polymod wrote:
> Excellent!!!!
>
> I really like the organic, sparse instrumentation. It really makes
> everything so clear in the mix.
>
> Nice job....great tune.

Thanks Larry! The 12 and 6-String electrics are hard left and hard right,
and the acoustic is dead center with the bass, so they each have some space
to themselves.

BTW, I bought a StewMac fret file and learned how to fix fret sprouts on my
new 3/4 scale Ibanez. When I first got the guitar, the sides of the neck
felt smooth, but with the heat running a lot, it dried out the wood in the
neck such that the frets sticking out a little was starting to bug me. I
think the neck was still slightly green and is now cured. Anyway, a little
$30 fret file with an hour of my time, and it feels like a more expensive
guitar now. Glassy smooth. :)

Good job....lack of humidity kills instruments made primarily out of wood
for sure.
Did you polish the frets after filing?

Glennbo

Feb 1, 2023, 9:59:13 AM2/1/23
On 2/1/23 05:40, polymod wrote:

> "Glennbo"  wrote in message news:trcghv$26qf$1...@dont-email.me...
>
> On 1/31/23 16:00, polymod wrote:
>> Excellent!!!!
>>
>> I really like the organic, sparse instrumentation. It really makes everything so clear in the mix.
>>
>> Nice job....great tune.
>
> Thanks Larry! The 12 and 6-String electrics are hard left and hard right, and the acoustic is dead center with the bass, so they each have some space to themselves.
>
> BTW, I bought a StewMac fret file and learned how to fix fret sprouts on my new 3/4 scale Ibanez. When I first got the guitar, the sides of the neck felt smooth, but with the heat running a lot, it dried out the wood in the neck such that the frets sticking out a little was starting to bug me. I think the neck was still slightly green and is now cured. Anyway, a little $30 fret file with an hour of my time, and it feels like a more expensive guitar now. Glassy smooth.  😄
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> Good job....lack of humidity kills instruments made primarily out of wood for sure.

While the humidity is lower due to the heater cycling, none of the other 8 guitars are popping sprouts, so I'm thinking this is a case of slightly green wood, and the heater just helped it cure the rest of the way.

> Did you polish the frets after filing?

No, but this little fret file is specifically made for dressing sprouts and has super fine teeth that left the edges feeling butter smooth.

Max Arwood

Feb 8, 2023, 4:29:40 AM2/8/23

"John Braner" wrote in message news:tr88bt$38pdt$1...@dont-email.me...
Wow GB! that was really good. Yes the guitars are nice like john said, but
the thing I like the most is that you backed up the effects on your vocals.
I would like it even better with less. Great mix too. very clean. I love
wide
panned stuff.
Max Arwood

Glennbo

Feb 8, 2023, 8:02:06 PM2/8/23
On 2/8/23 03:29, Max Arwood wrote:

> testing 1...... 2...... 3.......
>
> That link doesn't work - is it this one?
> https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=5672
>
> https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14544576
>
> Anyway, it's a nice "poppy" song 😉
> I picture this playing on a movie credits, either at the very beginning or the end of a movie 😉
>
> --
> ===========
> John Braner
>
> http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
> https://johnbraner.bandcamp.com/
> and all the major streaming/download sites.

> Wow GB! that was really good. Yes the guitars are nice like john said, but
> the thing I like the most is that you backed up the effects on your vocals.
> I would like it even better with less. Great mix too. very clean. I love wide
> panned stuff.

Thanks Max. I've been doing all my mixes LCR for a while now, so on this one, the 12-String electric is hard left, acoustic 6-String is center, and 6-String electric is hard right. Backing vocals are also panned with half of them hard left and the other half panned hard right with the lead vocal panned center.

I tried doing a project LCR a couple of years ago and was so impressed with how much it improved the clarity, every mix I've done since is LCR. Those early Beatle stereo mixes were like that, but it was due to limitations in the mixers back then.