Love Theme for Aliens (radio version)

polymod

Feb 23, 2023, 4:09:18 PM2/23/23
This is a shortened version of a tune I did with Mark Cole back in 2010
which will be getting airplay on my buddy's "space" show.

Here's my buddy Andy with John Glenn
https://sonicmusic.net/Poniros_Glenn.jpg

ze vid
https://youtu.be/cnnOVKicYes

Poly

polymod

Feb 23, 2023, 4:12:53 PM2/23/23
better link for pic

http://sonicmusic.net/Poniros_Glenn.jpg

Glennbo

Feb 23, 2023, 5:32:06 PM2/23/23
On 2/23/23 15:09, polymod wrote:
> This is a shortened version of a tune I did with Mark Cole back in 2010 which will be getting airplay on my buddy's "space" show.
>
> Here's my buddy Andy with John Glen
> http://sonicmusic.net/Poniros_Glenn.jpg
>
> ze vid
> https://youtu.be/cnnOVKicYes

Veddy cool. Sounds like you are using an Autotune plugin to "alienize" your voice.

What plugin did you use, and was it triggered by midi keyboard to achieve the tweaky effect?

--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __

polymod

Feb 24, 2023, 12:10:22 PM2/24/23

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:tt8ph4$1vta3$1...@dont-email.me...

On 2/23/23 15:09, polymod wrote:
> This is a shortened version of a tune I did with Mark Cole back in 2010
> which will be getting airplay on my buddy's "space" show.
>
> Here's my buddy Andy with John Glen
> http://sonicmusic.net/Poniros_Glenn.jpg
>
> ze vid
> https://youtu.be/cnnOVKicYes

Veddy cool. Sounds like you are using an Autotune plugin to "alienize" your
voice.

What plugin did you use, and was it triggered by midi keyboard to achieve
the tweaky effect?

V Vocal in Sonar 7 with settings to the max!

Poly

Glennbo

Feb 24, 2023, 12:26:49 PM2/24/23
On 2/24/23 11:10, polymod wrote:
> "Glennbo"  wrote in message news:tt8ph4$1vta3$1...@dont-email.me...
>
> On 2/23/23 15:09, polymod wrote:
>> This is a shortened version of a tune I did with Mark Cole back in 2010 which will be getting airplay on my buddy's "space" show.
>>
>> Here's my buddy Andy with John Glen
>> http://sonicmusic.net/Poniros_Glenn.jpg
>>
>> ze vid
>> https://youtu.be/cnnOVKicYes
>
> Veddy cool. Sounds like you are using an Autotune plugin to "alienize" your voice.
>
> What plugin did you use, and was it triggered by midi keyboard to achieve the tweaky effect?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> V Vocal in Sonar 7 with settings to the max!

Well it sounds cool and fits the alien space theme.

I remember V Vocal. I used it a few times when I was running Sonar. I've heard some folks (like the autotune the news guys) using Autotune with a midi keyboard to play vocal trills, but I've never tried it.

John Braner

Feb 25, 2023, 6:33:14 AM2/25/23
On 23/02/2023 21:09, polymod wrote:
> This is a shortened version of a tune I did with Mark Cole back in 2010 which will be getting
> airplay on my buddy's "space" show.
>
> Here's my buddy Andy with John Glenn
> https://sonicmusic.net/Poniros_Glenn.jpg
>
> ze vid
> https://youtu.be/cnnOVKicYes
>
> Poly

sounds good Poly!
I agree the (let's just call them) autotuned vocals fit nicely here - and they were ahead of their
time (weren't they?)

It builds nicely and I like the arrangement.

--
===========
John Braner

http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
https://johnbraner.bandcamp.com/
and all the major streaming/download sites.

polymod

Feb 25, 2023, 12:38:36 PM2/25/23

"John Braner" wrote in message news:ttcrlo$2i66p$1...@dont-email.me...

>sounds good Poly!
>I agree the (let's just call them) autotuned vocals fit nicely here - and
>they were ahead of their time (weren't they?)

Yes, they were John. By about a few million years ;-)

>It builds nicely and I like the arrangement.

Thanks John. Appreciate it!
FWIW, if anyone here (all 4 of you) want to hear the piece in it's entirety
it's here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejrbCfBNoKY

Poly

Glennbo

Feb 26, 2023, 11:08:20 AM2/26/23
On 2/25/23 11:38, polymod wrote:
> FWIW, if anyone here (all 4 of you) want to hear the piece in it's entirety it's here.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejrbCfBNoKY

Very cool. I always dig your unexpected changes.

polymod

Feb 27, 2023, 6:28:05 AM2/27/23

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:ttg05i$2v1jj$1...@dont-email.me...

On 2/25/23 11:38, polymod wrote:
> FWIW, if anyone here (all 4 of you) want to hear the piece in it's
> entirety it's here.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejrbCfBNoKY

Very cool. I always dig your unexpected changes.

Thanks bro...appreciate it!

John Braner

Feb 28, 2023, 7:59:35 AM2/28/23
On 25/02/2023 17:38, polymod wrote:

> "John Braner"  wrote in message news:ttcrlo$2i66p$1...@dont-email.me...
>

>> sounds good Poly!
>> I agree the (let's just call them) autotuned vocals fit nicely here - and they were ahead of their
>> time (weren't they?)
>
> Yes, they were John. By about a few million years ;-)
>
>> It builds nicely and I like the arrangement.
>
> Thanks John. Appreciate it!
> FWIW, if anyone here (all 4 of you) want to hear the piece in it's entirety it's here.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejrbCfBNoKY
>
> Poly

I like the "long version" even better ;-)
it's a nice lead up until the vocals come in - and classic guitar fills during the vocal part ;-)
10/10

polymod

Feb 28, 2023, 11:28:30 AM2/28/23

"John Braner" wrote in message news:ttktrl$3jt5d$1...@dont-email.me...

On 25/02/2023 17:38, polymod wrote:

> "John Braner" wrote in message news:ttcrlo$2i66p$1...@dont-email.me...
>

>> sounds good Poly!
>> I agree the (let's just call them) autotuned vocals fit nicely here - and
>> they were ahead of their time (weren't they?)
>
> Yes, they were John. By about a few million years ;-)
>
>> It builds nicely and I like the arrangement.
>
> Thanks John. Appreciate it!
> FWIW, if anyone here (all 4 of you) want to hear the piece in it's
> entirety it's here.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejrbCfBNoKY
>
> Poly

I like the "long version" even better ;-)
it's a nice lead up until the vocals come in - and classic guitar fills
during the vocal part ;-)
10/10

Thanks John...appreciate it!
I agree....I like the long version best. That's Mark doing all the guitar
parts on his Epiphone Dot.

Max Arwood

Mar 6, 2023, 3:25:05 AM3/6/23
"polymod" wrote in message news:ttar1s$28vtr$1...@dont-email.me...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I don't remember setting that???
Max

Glennbo

Mar 6, 2023, 10:03:14 AM3/6/23
On 3/6/23 02:24, Max Arwood wrote:

> V Vocal in Sonar 7 with settings to the max!
>
> Poly

> I don't remember setting that???

Max is the number right after 10. Also known as *Eleven*. <G>