Free IR Cabinet Modeler

Glennbo

Jul 27, 2023, 12:43:09 PM7/27/23
Somebody posted this in the REAPER for Linux forum, but there are Windows versions as well.

https://nalexsoftware.blogspot.com/2021/08/irbis-cabinet-simulator.html

I'm trying it out on a track I have for a new song that is using an amp model, and this cabinet sim loaded up with a Fender Twin on the left and another impulse named "See-30 Clean" on the right makes it sound better than without it. The cab sim can either mix the two IRs into one, run them in series, or parallel. In parallel mode, you get one IR on the left and the other on the right.

--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __

polymod

Jul 30, 2023, 4:56:10 PM7/30/23

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:u9u6qr$1u09l$1...@dont-email.me...

Somebody posted this in the REAPER for Linux forum, but there are Windows
versions as well.

https://nalexsoftware.blogspot.com/2021/08/irbis-cabinet-simulator.html

I'm trying it out on a track I have for a new song that is using an amp
model, and this cabinet sim loaded up with a Fender Twin on the left and
another impulse named "See-30 Clean" on the right makes it sound better than
without it. The cab sim can either mix the two IRs into one, run them in
series, or parallel. In parallel mode, you get one IR on the left and the
other on the right.

Thanks bro....can never have enough IR's to choose from!

Poly

Glennbo

Jul 30, 2023, 6:33:23 PM7/30/23
On 7/30/23 15:56, polymod wrote:
> Thanks bro....can never have enough IR's to choose from!

All the IR plugins I have are reverbs, so this was the first speaker cabinet plugin I've used.

I like using parallel mode with two completely different amp IRs, where it puts one IR hard left and the other hard right.

polymod

Jul 31, 2023, 11:39:06 AM7/31/23

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:ua6ofh$31gcv$1...@dont-email.me...

On 7/30/23 15:56, polymod wrote:
> Thanks bro....can never have enough IR's to choose from!

All the IR plugins I have are reverbs, so this was the first speaker cabinet
plugin I've used.

I like using parallel mode with two completely different amp IRs, where it
puts one IR hard left and the other hard right.

Yes, having completely different amps on both sides really opens up the
possibilities.
! I have quite a few cab IRs including ones I've made myself.
Ah....technology!

Glennbo

Jul 31, 2023, 4:09:57 PM7/31/23
On 7/31/23 10:39, polymod wrote:
> Yes, having completely different amps on both sides really opens up the possibilities.
> ! I have quite a few cab IRs including ones I've made myself. Ah....technology!

Very cool! I know you have the full version of Guitar Rig, that lets you directly load IRs. I've got an in-between version of GR, that is missing that feature, but has almost everything else. I got GR when I bought Komplete Elements. They had to leave a couple of things out, making it In-Komplete. 😎

polymod

Aug 2, 2023, 10:26:21 AM8/2/23

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:ua94ei$3cado$1...@dont-email.me...

On 7/31/23 10:39, polymod wrote:
> Yes, having completely different amps on both sides really opens up the
> possibilities.
> ! I have quite a few cab IRs including ones I've made myself.
> Ah....technology!

Very cool! I know you have the full version of Guitar Rig, that lets you
directly load IRs. I've got an in-between version of GR, that is missing
that feature, but has almost everything else. I got GR when I bought
Komplete Elements. They had to leave a couple of things out, making it
In-Komplete. 😎

LOL! Good one!

m...@arwoodsnospamjewelry.com

Aug 4, 2023, 2:34:37 PM8/4/23
"Glennbo" wrote in message news:u9u6qr$1u09l$1...@dont-email.me...
Thanks GB
Max

m...@arwoodsnospamjewelry.com

Aug 4, 2023, 2:35:36 PM8/4/23
"polymod" wrote in message news:ua8kio$3ac76$1...@dont-email.me...
Home made IR - NICE!!
Max

Glennbo

Aug 4, 2023, 2:46:50 PM8/4/23
On 8/4/23 13:34, m...@arwoodsnospamjewelry.com wrote:
> Thanks GB

You bet Max. It's a decent speaker cabinet modeler.