Fun bit of software - OpenMPT

Sue Morton 867-5309@domain.invalid

Jan 16, 2023, 10:19:49 AM1/16/23
I stumbled across this on OlderGeeks freeware site: Open MPT - https://www.oldergeeks.com/downloads/file.php?id=3303

I haven't played with it much but it seems well done. For someone just starting out it might be easier than Reaper. Open source and portable.

Glennbo

Jan 17, 2023, 9:54:46 AM1/17/23
On 1/16/23 09:19, Sue Morton 867-...@domain.invalid wrote:
> I stumbled across this on OlderGeeks freeware site: Open MPT - https://www.oldergeeks.com/downloads/file.php?id=3303
>
> I haven't played with it much but it seems well done. For someone just starting out it might be easier than Reaper. Open source and portable.

Looks confusing. ;)

I had some similar "Tracker" type software on my old Amiga 2000 and 500 machines in the 80s.

--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __

Sue Morton 867-5309@domain.invalid

Jan 17, 2023, 12:55:00 PM1/17/23
On Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 6:54:46 AM UTC-8, Glennbo wrote:
> On 1/16/23 09:19, Sue Morton 867-...@domain.invalid wrote:
> > I stumbled across this on OlderGeeks freeware site: Open MPT - https://www.oldergeeks.com/downloads/file.php?id=3303
> >
> > I haven't played with it much but it seems well done. For someone just starting out it might be easier than Reaper. Open source and portable.
> Looks confusing. ;)
>
> I had some similar "Tracker" type software on my old Amiga 2000 and 500 machines in the 80s.

Yeah it's a little different, isn't it? It seems to be a descendant of that old software...

Glennbo

Jan 18, 2023, 8:19:45 PM1/18/23
On 1/17/23 11:54, Sue Morton 867-...@domain.invalid wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 6:54:46 AM UTC-8, Glennbo wrote:
>> On 1/16/23 09:19, Sue Morton867-...@domain.invalid wrote:
>>> I stumbled across this on OlderGeeks freeware site: Open MPT -https://www.oldergeeks.com/downloads/file.php?id=3303
>>>
>>> I haven't played with it much but it seems well done. For someone just starting out it might be easier than Reaper. Open source and portable.
>> Looks confusing. 😉
>>
>> I had some similar "Tracker" type software on my old Amiga 2000 and 500 machines in the 80s.
> Yeah it's a little different, isn't it? It seems to be a descendant of that old software...

I probably can load the old Amiga tracker software up on my Manjaro Linux DAW. I have images of every floppy disk I had for my Amiga 500 and 2000 as images that can be loaded in the full blown Amiga emulator, FS-UAE.

I even made images of 50-60 disk sets that were backups of the two Amigas HDs, and then restored them to virtual HDDs that I can boot today. I'll have to dig around and see what I have. I know I have Dr. T's KCS Level III and Bars & Pipes Pro, plus I have Dynamic Studio and Electronic Arts Deluxe Music, which are getting closer to the tracker style of music programs.