SONG: Mudflap

1 view

John Braner

Mar 22, 2023, 12:22:59 PM3/22/23

I've got a new one - it's called "Mudflap"
You can find it here:
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14565167

It features the usual suspects:
Superior Drums
MODO Bass
real stratocasters through a real tube amp
various synths and noises in Kontakt

All comments welcome ;-)

--
===========
John Braner

http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
https://johnbraner.bandcamp.com/
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Glennbo

Mar 22, 2023, 1:15:10 PM3/22/23
On 3/22/23 11:22, John Braner wrote:
> I've got a new one - it's called "Mudflap"
> You can find it here:
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14565167
>
> It features the usual suspects:
> Superior Drums
> MODO Bass
> real stratocasters through a real tube amp
> various synths and noises in Kontakt
>
> All comments welcome 😉

Sounds cool John. I like the trading off guitars thing. You have gotten pretty good with the virtual drums too. Fills sound legit and in the proper spots.

--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __

John Braner

Mar 22, 2023, 5:07:44 PM3/22/23
On 22/03/2023 17:15, Glennbo wrote:
> On 3/22/23 11:22, John Braner wrote:
>> I've got a new one - it's called "Mudflap"
>> You can find it here:
>> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14565167
>>
>> It features the usual suspects:
>> Superior Drums
>> MODO Bass
>> real stratocasters through a real tube amp
>> various synths and noises in Kontakt
>>
>> All comments welcome 😉
>
> Sounds cool John. I like the trading off guitars thing. You have gotten pretty good with the virtual
> drums too. Fills sound legit and in the proper spots.

Hi G'bo,

Thanks for listening and for your comments - it means a lot to me coming from a "real" drummer ;-)

I *do* use the groove (MIDI files) files in Superior as a starting point - but I do edit them a lot.
I've been trying to pay attention to what real drummers do, and then add things that I like ;-)

polymod

Mar 22, 2023, 5:37:09 PM3/22/23

"John Braner" wrote in message news:tvfa11$mmbq$1...@dont-email.me...

Hi,

I've got a new one - it's called "Mudflap"
You can find it here:
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14565167

It features the usual suspects:
Superior Drums
MODO Bass
real stratocasters through a real tube amp
various synths and noises in Kontakt

All comments welcome ;-)

This is one of those songs that kept getting better and better as it went
along.
Epic!
Excellent job John!

Poly

John Braner

Mar 23, 2023, 5:21:24 AM3/23/23
On 22/03/2023 21:37, polymod wrote:

> "John Braner"  wrote in message news:tvfa11$mmbq$1...@dont-email.me...
>

> Hi,
>
> I've got a new one - it's called "Mudflap"
> You can find it here:
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14565167
>
> It features the usual suspects:
> Superior Drums
> MODO Bass
> real stratocasters through a real tube amp
> various synths and noises in Kontakt
>
> All comments welcome ;-)
>

> This is one of those songs that kept getting better and better as it went along.
> Epic!
> Excellent job John!
>
> Poly

Wow, thanks a lot Poly!

Glennbo

Mar 23, 2023, 10:25:21 AM3/23/23
On 3/22/23 16:07, John Braner wrote:
> Thanks for listening and for your comments - it means a lot to me coming from a "real" drummer 😉
>
> I *do* use the groove (MIDI files) files in Superior as a starting point - but I do edit them a lot.
> I've been trying to pay attention to what real drummers do, and then add things that I like 😉

I knew you used Superior and the midi grooves it comes with, but a lot of folks who have those same tools, don't know how to make a believable drum track with them. Your drum track flowed into and out of the fills, sounding more natural.

polymod

Mar 23, 2023, 11:40:58 AM3/23/23

"John Braner" wrote in message news:tvh5mi$135no$1...@dont-email.me...

On 22/03/2023 21:37, polymod wrote:

> "John Braner" wrote in message news:tvfa11$mmbq$1...@dont-email.me...
>

> Hi,
>
> I've got a new one - it's called "Mudflap"
> You can find it here:
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14565167
>
> It features the usual suspects:
> Superior Drums
> MODO Bass
> real stratocasters through a real tube amp
> various synths and noises in Kontakt
>
> All comments welcome ;-)
>

> This is one of those songs that kept getting better and better as it went
> along.
> Epic!
> Excellent job John!
>
> Poly

Wow, thanks a lot Poly!

You're very welcome!
I like tunes that move in different directions like this one does.

John Braner

Mar 23, 2023, 1:37:51 PM3/23/23
On 23/03/2023 14:25, Glennbo wrote:
> On 3/22/23 16:07, John Braner wrote:
>> Thanks for listening and for your comments - it means a lot to me coming from a "real" drummer 😉
>>
>> I *do* use the groove (MIDI files) files in Superior as a starting point - but I do edit them a lot.
>> I've been trying to pay attention to what real drummers do, and then add things that I like 😉
>
> I knew you used Superior and the midi grooves it comes with, but a lot of folks who have those same
> tools, don't know how to make a believable drum track with them. Your drum track flowed into and out
> of the fills, sounding more natural.

Well, thanks - I spend a lot of time with them ;-)

Max Arwood

May 11, 2023, 7:02:46 AM5/11/23
"John Braner" wrote in message news:tvfa11$mmbq$1...@dont-email.me...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wow John! The mix was so clean and full. Yes
the drums sound great too. I liked that "noises"
I remember some of those early songs - lots of
noises and surprises. It was a happy surprise
this time too.
Max Arwood

John Braner

May 13, 2023, 6:52:50 AM5/13/23
On 11/05/2023 12:00, Max Arwood wrote:
> "John Braner"  wrote in message news:tvfa11$mmbq$1...@dont-email.me...
>
> Hi,
>
> I've got a new one - it's called "Mudflap"
> You can find it here:
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14565167
>
> It features the usual suspects:
> Superior Drums
> MODO Bass
> real stratocasters through a real tube amp
> various synths and noises in Kontakt
>
> All comments welcome ;-)

Hi Max,
Thanks a lot for listening! ;-)