Merry Christmas

Glennbo

Dec 25, 2022, 9:01:13 AM12/25/22

AAHNY! :)

--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __
/ ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
/ / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
/ /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
\____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/
Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo

polymod

Dec 26, 2022, 5:08:11 PM12/26/22

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:to9l36$1al3$1...@gioia.aioe.org...

AAHNY! :)

Back acha bro!

Poly

Glennbo

Dec 26, 2022, 5:59:01 PM12/26/22
On 12/26/22 16:08, polymod wrote:

> Back acha bro!

A Christmas present to myself, I'm getting one of these cheep 3/4 scale purple Ibanez miKro guitars.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GRGM21MMPL--ibanez-rg-mikro-grgm21m-metallic-purple

Folks write these off as kid guitars, but they are also for serious players who want an easier reach.

Check these vids.

Paul Gilbert playing his own signature version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQKlse6fVuI

Skip ahead to 0:55 to hear some clean jazz chords.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lq_UKym6KA

This is some jazz player who got one and loves it for the easy reach. Skip to the middle of the vid. The strings are so slinky with the 8s he's using, he can do chords and then bend one note in them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tk3SKuEalU

polymod

Dec 26, 2022, 6:13:11 PM12/26/22

"Glennbo" wrote in message news:tod8vi$9qj$1...@gioia.aioe.org...

On 12/26/22 16:08, polymod wrote:

> Back acha bro!

A Christmas present to myself, I'm getting one of these cheep 3/4 scale
purple Ibanez miKro guitars.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GRGM21MMPL--ibanez-rg-mikro-grgm21m-metallic-purple

Folks write these off as kid guitars, but they are also for serious players
who want an easier reach.

Check these vids.

Paul Gilbert playing his own signature version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQKlse6fVuI

Skip ahead to 0:55 to hear some clean jazz chords.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lq_UKym6KA

This is some jazz player who got one and loves it for the easy reach. Skip
to the middle of the vid. The strings are so slinky with the 8s he's using,
he can do chords and then bend one note in them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tk3SKuEalU

I've always said it's the carpenter not the tools.
Very nice!
A couple years back a buddy bought over a cheap Squire Tele knock off that
he got for $127 brand new.
It sounded and played so nice he used it the entire recording session. It
was Lake Placid blue and was real purdy too!

Good luck widdit. The Mrs. got me my usual Sweetwater gift card. Man, I'm
like a kid in a candy store with that place.
Congrats and enjoy your new toy!

Glennbo

Dec 26, 2022, 8:52:13 PM12/26/22
On 12/26/22 17:13, polymod wrote:
> I've always said it's the carpenter not the tools.
> Very nice!
> A couple years back a buddy bought over a cheap Squire Tele knock off that he got for $127 brand new.
> It sounded and played so nice he used it the entire recording session. It was Lake Placid blue and was real purdy too!
>
> Good luck widdit.

Getting older, some stretched out chords are harder for me to play. Especially a couple McLaughlin things I know how to play. That got me thinking about a 3/4 guitar, which on a miKro is 22.2" vs the 25.5" scale on a standard Strat neck. I'm also intrigued with the idea of being able to hit some notes in chords that would be impossible to reach on a full scale neck. I dunno if that will pan out, but it sounds like a fun adventure. :)

> The Mrs. got me my usual Sweetwater gift card. Man, I'm like a kid in a candy store with that place.

Be sure and post images/audio of how you spent your Christmas present at Sweetwater!

> Congrats and enjoy your new toy!

Thanks Larry, I'll get it later this week, and prolly do some kind of demo.

John Braner

Dec 28, 2022, 8:19:54 AM12/28/22
On 25/12/2022 14:00, Glennbo wrote:

> AAHNY!  :)

Feliz Navidad folks! ;-)

--
===========
John Braner

http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
https://johnbraner.bandcamp.com/
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Sue Morton 867-5309@domain.invalid

Dec 28, 2022, 12:47:58 PM12/28/22
Merry Belated and best wishes for a joyous New Year!

polymod

Dec 28, 2022, 1:22:49 PM12/28/22

"Sue Morton 867-...@domain.invalid" wrote in message

Merry Belated and best wishes for a joyous New Year!

Thanks Jenny ;-)

polymod

Dec 28, 2022, 1:23:08 PM12/28/22

"John Braner" wrote in message news:tohfpo$3vibn$1...@dont-email.me...

On 25/12/2022 14:00, Glennbo wrote:

> AAHNY! :)

Feliz Navidad folks! ;-)

U2 John!

Glennbo

Dec 29, 2022, 9:21:08 AM12/29/22

On 12/28/22 11:47, Sue Morton 867-...@domain.invalid wrote:

> Merry Belated and best wishes for a joyous New Year!

I hope everyone here has a great 2023.