SONG: Rectify

John Braner

Aug 10, 2023, 8:19:17 AM8/10/23
hi,

I've got a new song ready - it's called Rectify and you can hear it here:
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14638558

It features the usual
Superior drums
MODO bass
stratocasters
misc synths etc and a little bit of B3
and my new horn section! ;-)

Please let me know what you think.

--
===========
John Braner

http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
https://johnbraner.bandcamp.com/
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Glennbo

Aug 10, 2023, 10:05:52 AM8/10/23
On 8/10/23 07:19, John Braner wrote:

> I've got a new song ready - it's called Rectify and you can hear it here:
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14638558
>
> It features the usual
> Superior drums
> MODO bass
> stratocasters
> misc synths etc and a little bit of B3
> and my new horn section! 😉
>
> Please let me know what you think.

Way cool John! I love how the intro sounds jumbled and suddenly comes together.

The funk trade offs and horn arrangements are real cool too. What are you using for horns?

--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __

John Braner

Aug 10, 2023, 1:05:12 PM8/10/23
On 10/08/2023 15:05, Glennbo wrote:
> On 8/10/23 07:19, John Braner wrote:
>>
>> I've got a new song ready - it's called Rectify and you can hear it here:
>> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14638558
>>
>> It features the usual
>> Superior drums
>> MODO bass
>> stratocasters
>> misc synths etc and a little bit of B3
>> and my new horn section! 😉
>>
>> Please let me know what you think.
>
> Way cool John! I love how the intro sounds jumbled and suddenly comes together.
>
> The funk trade offs and horn arrangements are real cool too. What are you using for horns?

Thanks for listening G'bo.
I had an idea in my head for a "free form" intro ;-)

The saxes are SWAM saxophones
https://audiomodeling.com/swam-engine/solo-woodwinds/swam-saxophones/
they're very good.

There's a trumpet in the "section" too, it's the GSi solo trumpet
https://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=56

They're all physical modeling - and very good ;-)

Glennbo

Aug 11, 2023, 9:16:34 AM8/11/23
On 8/10/23 12:04, John Braner wrote:
> On 10/08/2023 15:05, Glennbo wrote:
>> On 8/10/23 07:19, John Braner wrote:
>>>
>>> I've got a new song ready - it's called Rectify and you can hear it here:
>>> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14638558
>>>
>>> It features the usual
>>> Superior drums
>>> MODO bass
>>> stratocasters
>>> misc synths etc and a little bit of B3
>>> and my new horn section! 😉
>>>
>>> Please let me know what you think.
>>
>> Way cool John! I love how the intro sounds jumbled and suddenly comes together.
>>
>> The funk trade offs and horn arrangements are real cool too. What are you using for horns?
>>

> Thanks for listening G'bo.
> I had an idea in my head for a "free form" intro 😉
>
> The saxes are SWAM saxophones
> https://audiomodeling.com/swam-engine/solo-woodwinds/swam-saxophones/
> they're very good.
>
> There's a trumpet in the "section" too, it's the GSi solo trumpet
> https://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=56
>
> They're all physical modeling - and very good 😉

Those sound pretty real for being modeled.

John Braner

Aug 11, 2023, 3:21:50 PM8/11/23
On 11/08/2023 14:16, Glennbo wrote:
> On 8/10/23 12:04, John Braner wrote:

>>> Way cool John! I love how the intro sounds jumbled and suddenly comes together.
>>>
>>> The funk trade offs and horn arrangements are real cool too. What are you using for horns?
>>>

>> Thanks for listening G'bo.
>> I had an idea in my head for a "free form" intro 😉
>>
>> The saxes are SWAM saxophones
>> https://audiomodeling.com/swam-engine/solo-woodwinds/swam-saxophones/
>> they're very good.
>>
>> There's a trumpet in the "section" too, it's the GSi solo trumpet
>> https://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=56
>>
>> They're all physical modeling - and very good 😉
>
> Those sound pretty real for being modeled.

Yeah, I think they're really good.
The hard part is trying to make it sound like a "real" sax player would play ;-)

Glennbo

Aug 11, 2023, 4:37:18 PM8/11/23
On 8/11/23 14:21, John Braner wrote:

> The hard part is trying to make it sound like a "real" sax player would play 😉

Never play chords! 😎

When I do horn arrangements, I always play multiple tracks of mono parts that don't start or end identically, so it sounds more like multiple people playing monophonic instruments. 🙂

polymod

Aug 12, 2023, 1:31:31 PM8/12/23

"John Braner" wrote in message news:ub2kk3$c7hi$1...@dont-email.me...

hi,

I've got a new song ready - it's called Rectify and you can hear it here:
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14638558

It features the usual
Superior drums
MODO bass
stratocasters
misc synths etc and a little bit of B3
and my new horn section! ;-)

Please let me know what you think.

An effen masterpiece! I love it!

Poly

John Braner

Aug 13, 2023, 4:44:41 AM8/13/23
On 12/08/2023 18:31, polymod wrote:

> "John Braner"  wrote in message news:ub2kk3$c7hi$1...@dont-email.me...
> hi,
>
> I've got a new song ready - it's called Rectify and you can hear it here:
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14638558
>
> It features the usual
> Superior drums
> MODO bass
> stratocasters
> misc synths etc and a little bit of B3
> and my new horn section! ;-)
>
> Please let me know what you think.
>

> An effen masterpiece! I love it!
>

> Poly

Hi Poly - thanks for listening.
Is the brass section "convincing"?

polymod

Aug 13, 2023, 11:30:28 AM8/13/23

"John Braner" wrote in message news:uba55m$1oqgs$1...@dont-email.me...

On 12/08/2023 18:31, polymod wrote:

> "John Braner" wrote in message news:ub2kk3$c7hi$1...@dont-email.me...
> hi,
>
> I've got a new song ready - it's called Rectify and you can hear it here:
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14638558
>
> It features the usual
> Superior drums
> MODO bass
> stratocasters
> misc synths etc and a little bit of B3
> and my new horn section! ;-)
>
> Please let me know what you think.
>

> An effen masterpiece! I love it!
>

> Poly

Hi Poly - thanks for listening.
Is the brass section "convincing"?

To be honest, no. But it didn't matter. It fit the piece and gave it a
different sonic texture from the rest of the tune.
btw, I'll have to dig up a tune I did many years ago that had an intro like
this one. Chaos at it's best!

John Braner

Aug 14, 2023, 4:12:02 AM8/14/23
Oh well - I'll have to listen to more Tower of Power or other bands with horn sections. ;-)

> Chaos at it's
> best!

You can't beat a little chaos ;-)

polymod

Aug 14, 2023, 3:48:06 PM8/14/23

"John Braner" wrote in message news:ubcnkf$27ps6$1...@dont-email.me...

Oh well - I'll have to listen to more Tower of Power or other bands with
horn sections. ;-)

It's not anything you're doing (or not doing)!

John Braner

Aug 14, 2023, 4:05:42 PM8/14/23
On 14/08/2023 20:48, polymod wrote:

> "John Braner"  wrote in message news:ubcnkf$27ps6$1...@dont-email.me...
>

> Oh well - I'll have to listen to more Tower of Power or other bands with horn sections. ;-)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> It's not anything you're doing (or not doing)!
>

> Poly

aah OK - I thought it was the *programming* ;-)

polymod

Aug 14, 2023, 5:28:07 PM8/14/23

"John Braner" wrote in message news:ube1ek$2f1re$1...@dont-email.me...

On 14/08/2023 20:48, polymod wrote:

> "John Braner" wrote in message news:ubcnkf$27ps6$1...@dont-email.me...
>

> Oh well - I'll have to listen to more Tower of Power or other bands with
> horn sections. ;-)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> It's not anything you're doing (or not doing)!
>

> Poly

aah OK - I thought it was the *programming* ;-)

It's the tools not the carpenter <G>

Max Arwood

Aug 25, 2023, 3:55:57 AM8/25/23
"John Braner" wrote in message news:ub2kk3$c7hi$1...@dont-email.me...
I love that strumming thing @2.06! Nice. Man you got a bunch
of different sections. It surely keeps you musically engaged.
Max Arwood

John Braner

Aug 26, 2023, 6:52:09 AM8/26/23
On 25/08/2023 08:55, Max Arwood wrote:
> "John Braner"  wrote in message news:ub2kk3$c7hi$1...@dont-email.me...
> hi,
>
> I've got a new song ready - it's called Rectify and you can hear it here:
> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14638558
>
> It features the usual
> Superior drums
> MODO bass
> stratocasters
> misc synths etc and a little bit of B3
> and my new horn section! ;-)
>
> Please let me know what you think.

Hi Max - thanks a lot for listening! ;-)

m...@arwoodsnospamjewelry.com

Sep 11, 2023, 2:36:19 AM9/11/23
"John Braner" wrote in message news:ucclgm$huci$1...@dont-email.me...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hey John
I still wonder what that strumming sound was??
Thanks for looking at the video.
Max Arwood

John Braner

Sep 11, 2023, 3:52:55 AM9/11/23
On 11/09/2023 07:36, m...@arwoodsnospamjewelry.com wrote:
> "John Braner"  wrote in message news:ucclgm$huci$1...@dont-email.me...
> On 25/08/2023 08:55, Max Arwood wrote:
>> "John Braner"  wrote in message news:ub2kk3$c7hi$1...@dont-email.me...
>> hi,
>>
>> I've got a new song ready - it's called Rectify and you can hear it here:
>> https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14638558
>>
>> It features the usual
>> Superior drums
>> MODO bass
>> stratocasters
>> misc synths etc and a little bit of B3
>> and my new horn section! ;-)
>>
>> Please let me know what you think.
>>

> Hi Max - thanks a lot for listening! ;-)

Hi Max - it's just me strumming a strat ;-)