plugin controller name same as plugin name no longer works?

Dr. Tarique Sani

Nov 10, 2007, 6:38:01 AM11/10/07
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
Is it just me or default controller having the controller name same
plugin name no longer works

eg: /hitstats/install gives a missing controller BUT
/hitstats/hitstats/install works

have tracked down the problem to lines*

527 if ($pluginPath . $controller) {
528 if (loadController($pluginPath . $controller)) {
529 $ctrlClass = $controller . 'Controller';
530 return $ctrlClass;
531 }
532 }

in the dispatcher which return the incorrect controller class name in
$ctrlClass even though the loadController() manages to load the
correct file.

What would be the best way to patch this?

Tarique

*https://trac.cakephp.org/browser/branches/1.2.x.x/cake/dispatcher.php rev 5952

Cheesecake-Photoblog: http://cheesecake-photoblog.org
PHP for E-Biz: http://sanisoft.com

chad

Nov 25, 2007, 7:52:42 PM11/25/07
to CakePHP Bleeding Edge
Hey Tarique - are you having any luck with your plugin? I'm running
into all sorts of errors with a plugin controller with the same name
as a plugin. Most recently (r6080):

Warning (512): loadPluginComponent is deprecated see
App::import('Component', 'PluginName.ComponentName'); [CORE/cake/
basics.php, line 1076]

On Nov 10, 4:38 am, "Dr. Tarique Sani" <tariques...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it just me or default controller having the controller name same
> plugin name no longer works
>
> eg: /hitstats/install gives a missing controller BUT
> /hitstats/hitstats/install works
>
> have tracked down the problem to lines*
>
> 527 if ($pluginPath . $controller) {
> 528 if (loadController($pluginPath . $controller)) {
> 529 $ctrlClass = $controller . 'Controller';
> 530 return $ctrlClass;
> 531 }
> 532 }
>
> in the dispatcher which return the incorrect controller class name in
> $ctrlClass even though the loadController() manages to load the
> correct file.
>
> What would be the best way to patch this?
>
> Tarique
>
> *https://trac.cakephp.org/browser/branches/1.2.x.x/cake/dispatcher.phprev 5952

Dr. Tarique Sani

Nov 25, 2007, 10:50:54 PM11/25/07
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
On Nov 26, 2007 6:22 AM, chad <mcf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Tarique - are you having any luck with your plugin? I'm running
> into all sorts of errors with a plugin controller with the same name
> as a plugin. Most recently (r6080):
>
> Warning (512): loadPluginComponent is deprecated see
> App::import('Component', 'PluginName.ComponentName'); [CORE/cake/
> basics.php, line 1076]

Did not get time to look into it - for now I have stopped development
of Cheesecake 2 till the time there is some stability in plugin
architecture - had submitted a ticket about this though

Tarique