Model::save() now returns an array - Changeset 5895

Felix Geisendörfer

Nov 3, 2007, 6:54:57 PM11/3/07
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

As of changeset 5895 Model::save() now returns Model::data on success if Model::data is not empty. Otherwise true/false are returned like in the past.

For more information see: http://www.thinkingphp.org/2007/11/03/modelsave-now-returns-an-array/

-- Felix

PS: This is my first example post on how I'd like people to notify each other of SVN:HEAD changes.
--------------------------
Blogger: http://www.thinkingphp.org/
Entrepreneur: http://www.posttask.com/ -- currently in private beta, ask me for invite / password
Freelancer: http://www.fg-webdesign.de/

AIM: theundefined87
Skype: TimeFor23
Other IM: felixge.de
Mobile (USA): +1 404 3888693
Mobile (GER): +49 162 9391612
Twitter: http://twitter.com/felixge

GreyCells

Nov 4, 2007, 9:39:11 AM11/4/07
to CakePHP Bleeding Edge
Hi Felix - great idea to form this group.

Just added this to your blog, but if really belongs here.

[quote]
Just one gotcha - I also thought this should return the new insert ID
if a record was created - as part of the data array (i.e. as if you
had just done a 'find()') but apparently not...

https://trac.cakephp.org/ticket/3481

Still, I'm extremely pleased we now get most of the model data back.

[/quote]

~GreyCells