Console option parser

José Lorenzo

May 29, 2013, 5:58:02 AM5/29/13
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, another idea for 3.0

It has been at times annoying for me that the console option parser in cake is not 100% compatible with getopts(), for example it is not possible to have required options or to concatenate flags in the same expression like "-pv".

Since getopt() supports windows now in 5.3, would it be wise to change the internal implementation to just use the function?

Cheers.

mark_story

May 29, 2013, 3:27:11 PM5/29/13
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
One nice thing about ConsoleOptionParser is you can provide options after positional arguments, which I don't think getopt() allows. It might be worthwhile updating the option parser to handle the -pv case. It wasn't something I originally accounted for as the previous option parser didn't support it either.

-Mark

José Lorenzo

May 31, 2013, 11:55:26 AM5/31/13
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
Well, I don't actually mind how it is implemented, I would just like those features happen :)