Logging in cake 3

Christian Winther

Aug 21, 2013, 4:35:21 AM8/21/13
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Have there been any discussions on how logging in cake 3 should work?

If not, I would like to suggest using the PSR-3 logging interface at the core of our logging system.

This will allow developers to change logging system very easily if we adopt it, to something way more powerful and flexible than cakes own basic logger, for example, monolog - https://github.com/Seldaek/monolog - which is beyond awesome :)

/C

mark_story

Aug 22, 2013, 5:08:44 PM8/22/13
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
There has been some discussion in the past. We still have not really committed to using composer as 'the' way to install cake3 so using any other libraries (like monolog, and php-fig/log) is still undecided as well.

I'm not a huge fan of the bonus classes like LogLevel that it provides, but I think adopting a broader standard would be worth the somewhat over-engineered internals of php-fig/log.

How do you see features like scopes working if we were to use monolog and would Log (the static facade) continue to exist?\

-Mark