[3.0] Support a Textual Search in PostgreSQL

Cauan Cabral

Feb 22, 2015, 11:06:06 AM2/22/15
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've working in adding support for full text search in top of PostgreSQL but I'm stuck (would like to share it as a plugin, maybe extending it to others DB - as Mysql which support textual search):

First, I created a "Tsvector" type for search columns[1]. Although I can save values in the database, they are saved as basic tsvector (as a "values"::tsvector cast).

The correct approach would define column value with a function call: to_tsvector('values')
But if I rewrite $value to that in Tsvector::toStatement, it did escaped and saved in DB as "to_tsvector('".

Theres currently a way to define a field value as result of a SQL call function?

Maybe allowing using a Query->func()->to_tsquery('values') ?

[]'s
--
Cauan Cabral
----------------

Stephen Cuppett

Feb 22, 2015, 7:54:58 PM2/22/15
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
I have a plugin like this (for Cake 2.6). I wouldn't mind getting feedback/patches to support 3.0.

Thanks,

--

Stephen Cuppett

Cauan Cabral

Feb 23, 2015, 9:58:03 AM2/23/15
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

I really like how you take that in Cake 2.6.
Maybe with the flexibility provided by ORM in 3.0 we could make it work more "native" (with defaults finders).

I'll play more with the plugin ;]